Thread: Website Crash Information

Default Website Crash Information

Hi guys, I know everyone will want to know exactly what happened with the website.

Seems to me that the SQL server went down sometime yesterday, and I'm not sure why. It seems to me that it went down only on update and insert queries, which means that for the most part, the site continued to function.

I do not know if this was a deliberate attack, or a small localized issue that won't re-occur.

The response time from us (the Admin) was slow because Jon would not have sufficient resources available to him to tackle the problem, and I was busy hiding from a tornado. No, really.

Anyway, when I returned to check my e-mail, I found over 6500 e-mails from the server complaining about the SQL. I came to the site, found it still standing, and dug around till I found out exactly why.

Hopefully, this will not happen again.

On behalf of all the staff, I apologise for our slow response time in dealing with this manner, and I thank all the members who sent me e-mails in an attempt to alert me to this situation.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Default Re: Website Crash Information

who do i blame for the withdraw symptoms i had, duo to not being able to get on the site:O i was getting desperate! DESPERATE!

no, really. just nice to se the site back online again. waited all day... i can sleep peacefully now

n8 all
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Good job figuring it out. I would have emailed but I couldn't get to the thread with your email on it XP

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

So funny bit of Irony with the website failure.

Over the weekend the server where I host pictures for my project went down. I worked hard Sunday night to get it back up so that if anyone read the post on monday it was there. Built a new server, installed web server, ftp server, configured user accounts...

Came here monday to see if it was still running while I was at work only to have the page not display....

All that work to get my end working only to have the other side fail...

I've been to a couple of SQL servers that were down unexpectedly over the past few days. Curious if there's a connection. Here google.....
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.