Thread: Shake it like a Polaroid Picture! New Poloraid Pocket Sized Printer!

Default Shake it like a Polaroid Picture! New Poloraid Pocket Sized Printer!

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=238]Shake it like a Polaroid Picture! New Poloraid Pocket Sized Printer![/drupal]

The next generation of photo printing is knocking at the door. Are you ready?
    Polaroid, the company that made its mark a long time ago with quasi-instant photography, is ready to finally jump into the digital age with the introduction of the PoGo. While it is small in size, it has the potential to become a very large powerhouse piece of machinery.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Shake it like a Polaroid Picture! New Poloraid Pocket Sized Printer!

The digital camera that I've been using is a Polaroid.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Shake it like a Polaroid Picture! New Poloraid Pocket Sized Printer!

They make crappy portable DVD players too
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

And crappy TVs

The new polaroid is not the same as the one of yesteryear. Most of the crap with their name on it is made by others and branded under the Polaroid name. Anyways, these printers are not entirely new. Police officers utilize black and white versions of these in squad cars for accident reports, and some pharmacies use them too. The only problem is they are heat sensitive and prolonged exposure to heat will eventually turn the paper pure black. I wonder how they are getting color to work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Yeah, none of the name brands make their own products. They just contract the work out. My parent's eMachines that they got four years ago came with a KDS USA monitor. It turn out that the eMachines monitors are also made by KDS, and they just slap a different faceplate on them.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    Yeah, none of the name brands make their own products. They just contract the work out...
    Not always. Samsung with their monitors uses their own panels on the first few production runs (then move to alternative sources). IIRC Cannon and Nikon make their own cameras (not rebranded). Usually cheap crap gets outsourced, and there's a reason for that.

Polaroid's case is a tad different, the trademark rights were actually sold to the companies using the brand on their products verses just making the product for Polaroid to brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

I actually had the model pictured on the left of the banner as well as 2 others. One older and one newer. I just recently sold them...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I ... fight ... for ... the USERS! f8l_0e's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    The new polaroid is not the same as the one of yesteryear. Most of the crap with their name on it is made by others and branded under the Polaroid name. Anyways, these printers are not entirely new. Police officers utilize black and white versions of these in squad cars for accident reports, and some pharmacies use them too. The only problem is they are heat sensitive and prolonged exposure to heat will eventually turn the paper pure black. I wonder how they are getting color to work on it.
    This particular product is very much the same as those of yesteryear.

1. Provide a instant gratification product at a small start up cost.
    2. Make sure that product requires a constant supply of consumables that the company sells.
    3. Profit!
    4. Wait for prints to deteriorate of time, requiring more consumables to be purchased.
    5. Profit again!

The only thing new is the second part of step 4 and step 5. The old polaroid cameras would just leave you with ruined photos after 10 years. At least now you can reprint the photo if you don't delete the images.

I think that mtekk meant the company itself, not the pictures.