Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPORE Creature Creator!

Default SPORE Creature Creator!

For those of you who have been waiting, Spore Creature Creator has been released. You can purchase the full creator with all parts for 9.95$, or download the free trial, which has plenty of parts to play around with, all the while giggling!

The girlfriend and I have been playing around with it for 2 hours already. Very fun. It is also very easy to manipulate/create creatures as well. They have done a very good job with this so far. I am only sad to wait till September for the full release =(. Hehe.

For those of you looking to download, Get It Here!

Available for Mac and PC, and the 200mb download took me all of 2 minutes on the spare 2.8Ghz Celeron / Nvidia 7600GS pc. Runs flawlessly as well! So get to creating the creatures. As last I looked, 300,000 creatures have already been created by the users, so the worlds should have plenty of variety on launch day! Woot!!!!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: SPORE Creature Creator!

Ahh, EA... how you amaze me with your stupid business -ethics. (that's a minus sign)

Downloading the trial, I'm not paying for a part of a game I plan on buying, lol... as in, I'm not paying for a fragment and then the whole thing.

They will probably have some sort of upgrade system for those who purchase the Creature Creator.

I am temped as there is a crapload of things you can play around with if you get the full version.

If yo'ure getting Spore, don't even worry about it. This whole thing is just a way for them to get a crapton more money just because they love taking it. Stupid big, greedy businesses.

Even if they don't offer some upgrade path, $9.95 to be able to create tons of creatures months before the game comes out doesn't sound all that bad to me. Its cheaper then a month of a MMO or not going out to eat one week or something.

If it was a matter of weeks before the game came out then no, but for less then 10$ and for the amount of enjoyment the girlfriend is getting out of the basic trial, almost seems quite worth it. There may or may not be features in the creature creator that you won't have access to in the full game.

I haven't decided but by playing around with the demo, the price doesn't seem unreasonable for the amount of extra parts and the fact that the full game doesn't come out for 3 months.

But to each his/her own.

Yeah, I just messed around with it, lol. I may buy a copy.

I dunno... lately I've been a bit stingy with buying stuff because I bought about $200 worth of games on Steam a few months ago because a) I was going insane and b) I desperately needed something to dol, lol. Lesson learned.

Some places are offering deals with pre-order of spore and the creature creator. I pre-ordered from EA store and got the creature creator for 10$ only b/c my friend gave me a coupon for 10$ off at the EA store otherwise it would have been only trial version for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Killa_Ape View Post
    [...] I pre-ordered from EA store and got the creature creator for 10$ only b/c my friend gave me a coupon for 10$ off at the EA store
    I'm a little confused. What was the deal with the coupon? The creature creator is only 9.95, so with the $10 was it free, or the preorder had cost more at the time so it put you to the $10 it currently cost?

Sorry, just got a little bit confused

I made this atrocity earlier:

I pre-ordered spore and threw the creature creator on the order and used the 10$ off. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with the creator.