Thread: My New Case

Banned

Default My New Case

Well after a half-year or so I've finally saved up the cash and am starting to plan out my new machine. I'm still trying to nail down the other parts but I've picked out a case already:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133055

It's a bit pricy, but it also happens to have a lot of room, so I can do all the fun mods I've been wanting to do. The HD mounts at the bottom can be removed so I can put a fan or mount a rack for other things there. The case has pretty much everything I want in it.

There are only a few things I don't like about it. The big one is the lack of door. The only thing you get here is a pair of flaps. So I really want to pull those out and put an actual door in. I'm thinking of just removing one of the flaps and hinging the door in it's place, then leaving the other flap to close over top of the end of the door.

In the front I'm gonna just make a reservoir for the water cooling system and put some fancy lights around it. Then close the front with some clear acrylic. I'm also thinking about a motorized panel on the front that covers said window.

As well the top part if it...doesn't look the greatest. It just randomly cuts out at the back end. So making a new top piece is also on the list.

I've never done any modding before so this is going to be my first shot at it. The way I see it the front door is going to be the hardest mod, because I wanna put a few gauges in there, like a few temp gauges, a flow guage, and a VU guage. The top piece as well is going to be tricky.

I still need to plan out my machine but I wanted to get the mod planned so when I get my case I can start on it right away.

Water Cooled

Default Re: My New Case

have you maybe considered this one instead? It has a door and potential

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Tpk=armorsuit
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Banned

Default Re: My New Case

That case made the semi-finals but failed due to lack of massive internal space.
    Anyhow
    The changes I want to make to the Armour+ seem fairly simple. Has anyone worked with this case or done similar mods to other cases before?