Thread: The forces of hell reviewed by cute little children.

Default The forces of hell reviewed by cute little children.

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=44]The forces of hell reviewed by cute little children.[/drupal]

When I was in San Mateo C.A. at the Maker's Faire we had Crimson Sky's DOOM 3: Project Mars City set up on a table display with a keyboard/monitor/speakers with subwoofer set up next to it so while folks strolled by to see Doom's moving doors, creepy lighting, and smoking vents they would hear the bass thumping and pumping with every shotgun blast.
    Every devilish scream, moan, echo of rounds slapping the beefy torso's of the ghouls and the metal buildings. The heavy breathing of the marine as he hustled down dark hallways fleeing from hissing beasts snarling for a taste of that sweet human flesh.

Paul was not close by during this particular period of time, but I was seated next to the mod playing some Doom with the volume way up and sound effects were spine chilling. I was playing with mainly the chainsaw so the screams/moans/howls/etc...were muffled by the grizzly wailing of my gas powered peace-maker. I pounced on demon after demon while the saw blazed and rumbled as I tore cheerfully through the bodies, blood sprayed like Roman fountains, smoke from the saw obscuring my view.

Now, picture me, a 32 year old man sitting around with teenagers playing this grizzly game with a grin on my face. It was then that I was slowly becoming aware of a person standing very close behind my right shoulder, closer than an adult would understand as the "barrier of imposition". Curiosity of course moved me to turn and investigate this mystery. As I sat in a chair, low to the ground, I peered on eye level to what must have been a 6-7 year old girl as innocent and sweet as an angel and twice as cute. So young and docile I would not have been suprised to see her dragging in one arm her cherished teddy bear or favorite doll.

I was immediately aware of the scene she was in full view of. The blood, the screams, the saw, the mod with smoke and pentagrams. I felt a rapid shiver race up my spine as the thoughts in my mind rang something along the lines of "Oh dear God, she'll never sleep in the dark again, and I am about to get a furious mother or father's foot up my ass". I quickly glanced around for parental units and was astounded to find none nearby. Then my eyes made way back to this pristine angel's eyes as she turned from the blood-soaked carcuses on the screen up to the eerily-glowing red pentagram window and open bay doors of the hell-inspired mod. She slowly turned her head back toward mine and returned her focus back to me. In those eyes, I expected tears, trembling, a quivering lip to scorn me of my recklessness. But the eyes were dry, infact they were as big as headlights, no quivering lips but a jaw dropped open. Then she looked me square in the eye and had this to say about Doom3:

".....whoooaaa......that's...soooo..coool...."

I turned 3 sheets of white paler than possible even for me as I quickly turned down the volume and switched off the monitor. I was shocked! I took her by the hand with my heart now racing out of fear of parental correction for what I had just taught their daughter, and also out guiltly feelings and led her away from the gates of hell to find mommy and daddy just down the way looking at the neat little robots driving around in circles.

That was an unexpected commentary, I did not see that coming at all but have to admit, it made me laugh later.

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: The forces of hell reviewed by cute little children.

What is going on here, this blog entry was made ages ago and it's listed as a new entry? Who's screwing with the publishing options?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: The forces of hell reviewed by cute little children.

So that's what that button did...

Hehe, jk, it wasn't me.