Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thought I would share a funny...

Default Re: thought I would share a funny...

Quote Originally Posted by xmastree View Post
    Yep, it was illegal at first, but thousands of illegal rigs were smuggled in and were fairly easy to get hold of, if you knew who to ask.
    Then, due to the obvious demand, it was made legal but on different frequencies, and FM rather than AM. So the new rigs couldn't talk to the old ones.

Full story here.
    Cool thanks, I will have to read that info.

"Snowshoes" refers to an illegal rig broadcasting way more than legal power. Basically one of the rigs I had I could talk to anyone in the US, Canada and Mexico from Colorado. Uncle Charlie paid me a visit one night and since I saw them coming I dropped the radio into my downstairs neighbors window. They searched my house all night and could only find legal systems. They knew I was putting out power though since they were monitoring me for at least a week. I was only 13 at the time so they couldn't do anything to me. My mom however was pissed! She made me sell all my gear. That she knew of.

When I was in the Navy, I got my General Class Ham Radio License and operated for years out of Colorado. Kind of got bored with it and sold all my stuff when I moved to Bong Leach... Er ah, Long Beach...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Default Convoy (GB)

Quote Originally Posted by xmastree View Post
    I need to find a video of this version...
    http://www.cw-mccall.com/works/lane/convoygb.shtml
    Well, Convoy was on the radio yesterday as I was driving to work, and I remembered this thread and my quest to find Convoy GB (that link's now broken, here's another one).

So, here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

Default Re: thought I would share a funny...

+REP dude, jst for being proud of being british!

U always think the UK trucks look nicer for some reason

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!