Thread: G15 Trouble

duct tape can fix anything Tavarin's Avatar

Default G15 Trouble

So I went and bought a Logitech G15 keyboard today. I was so excited, that is until I plugged it in. Seems that for some mysterious reason the drivers won't install on my computer, no matter what I do. I tried everything from such simple acts as changing the USB port it's plugged into to turning off my computers firewall. Nothing, the keyboard refused to function as a keyboard, although the volume controls and LCD display worked fine. My computer only saw it as an input device, not a keyboard. So since it cost $160 CAD I promptly returned it for a full refund.

And now on to my real questions since the issue is clear.

1) Has anyone faced a similar problem with a Vista X64 system? Because I can go back and buy another one.

2) Does anyone know of any good gaming keyboards with PS/2 output? Those seem to always work, I have no idea why they switched to USB instead.

3) If not, do they make USB to PS/2 keyboard converters? Cause I'm thinking that that may work.

Thanks in advance

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: G15 Trouble

I was using a USB - PS/2 mouse converter, so somebody would have to make a keyboard one.

I have one for a mouse as well, but it doesn't work for keyboard, and I have yet to see one for keyboard for sale.

I can assure you that G15 work in Vista 64. Did you download the 64-bit drivers from the Logitech website?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Ya, I got them, and the latest software, didn't work. I think it might just be my setup, I'll probably try a G15 again when I get my new motherboard.

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

It may be a defective G15 as well. The G15 is actually several devices in one case. The USB (woefully underpowered) and Media buttons fuction seperately than the keyboard component. It may be that the keyboard part is defective. I highly recomend contacting their customer support, I have had fantastic service from them on both of our G15's and my ill-fated trackball.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Wat about these http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/? They make the original IBM PS/2 keyboards. Metal frame, high quality, and they're still made in the US!

I know that the keyboard isn't defective, I was able to get it running well (if a little slow) on my laptop. At this poing I think it has to be a problem with my mobo, which I am replacing at the end of this summer, so that won't stay an issue for long.

And thanks for the link nevermind1534, but I'm not sure if I have use. I still have a few working PS/2 keybaords at home and am more looking for quality gaming keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavarin View Post
    Ya, I got them, and the latest software, didn't work. I think it might just be my setup, I'll probably try a G15 again when I get my new motherboard.
    Did you uninstall the drivers first?
    Go into device manager and remove the mouse then reboot, and load the new drivers.