Thread: My HP pavilion case mod help

Fresh Paint

Default My HP pavilion case mod help

id like to start off by saying hi, this is my first post as soon as i start gettin all my info setup in this forum ill start posting pics of my setup

ok heres the deal, im lookin to do a case mod on my comp but the problem is its got a lot of features that dont come in full brand new cases, and i was wondering if any1 new a website that carries cases that support all the features of the newer HP pavilions (ill edit this later and post pics of what i am talking about) i want to keep as much of the stuff as possible and i dont really want to cut into the case (mainly to keep warranty valid)

another thing with this case is that the mother board all sits on the left side of the tower (looking front to back) whereas most cases sit on the right.

so if any1 can help me with my problem it would be appreciated

Default Re: My HP pavilion case mod help

Welcome to TBCS!

Can you post a pic of the case you are talking about, or at least the model number of
    the PC. That will help us to better understand what features you are talking about.

Also, warranty is a bit of a dirty word around here.. heheh.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Fresh Paint

Model #: m9000z

currently dont have camera so i cant take a picture but i found this

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Once you even open it up, I think you void your warranty. Unless you were conned into buying an extended warranty, nothing should break in the short amount of time that it is valid. If anything does, it you would most likely be better off fixing/replacing it yourself.

Fresh Paint

you've got a point there but just in cases something breaks and i dont have the money at the time free is always good but i think ive decided to go ahead and chop it up because the warranty is almost up anyway

the hard part is going to be doing something with the front because of all the crap on it

i would say that if you are going to mod the case (or any case) you can put anything you want on it.

one way to accomplish this is to buy a cheap case and cut up the HP case to get the stuff of it that you want... such as USB, Firewire, etc.

without knowing for sure what features you are referring it, then it's impossible to say exactly what to do, but i think the best plan would be to get an additional case and part out the current case.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules — and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.
    Kurt Vonnegut - Sirens of Titan

It has potential, but it would be good to get a better case and maybe mold that Hp front panel on there. I like your monitor, I have the same one.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods