Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New addition to the family

Default New addition to the family

Finally broke down and got a pet. We picked her up on Saturday. She's a puggle (Pug Beagle mix) we named Dazey. Very cool little pup. Playful, affectionate, and good with the kids.

Default Re: New addition to the family

sweet dude, now you need to mod that collor of hers! put some LED's and stuff in there

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Everyday my daughter cries about not having a dog. I am sooooo close to getting one. Did you buy it at a pet store or adopt?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Very cool Rick! Looks like she already knows her place.. (where ever you are! )

We got her from a breeder around here. I had never heard of the breed before. From what the guy was saying, they're becoming very popular. She's not acting at all like I anticipated. I expected separation anxiety, lack of appetite, unwilling to play. None of that. She hasn't cried, loves to play, eats well, and has only had a couple of accidents in the house.

Why didn't you get a cute one?

Just Kidding! How could you refuse picking her up! I've never heard of a puggle, what a cute dog. When it's time for us to get another dog, I think it may have to be a puggle.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

They wife and i could never agree on a dog so we'll probably never get one. But I feel like someday we may get one. She wants a Sheba Inu and I want a Dachsund. Or even a Cocker Spainel. But thet Puggle is cute too. I've heard that sometimes those mixed breeds can have some health problems so its probably good you got it from a breeder.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Actually the Beagle/Pug mix can be a benefit--it pretty much eliminates the breathing problems of the Pug by elongating the snout. In fact, mutts have less problems than pure breeds.

VERY cute puppy, congrats on the new family member
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

The only dog I will probably ever own. This was my pitbull Grover a few months before he got hit by a car. He was my dog and his sister was my fiance's she stopped eating and ran away after he died.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    Actually the Beagle/Pug mix can be a benefit--it pretty much eliminates the breathing problems of the Pug by elongating the snout. In fact, mutts have less problems than pure breeds.

VERY cute puppy, congrats on the new family member
    Truth be 'dat! Very cute!

In all the years of owning animals, the pure breds always have more medical issues and shorter lives. I have never purchased any pet except fish. I currently have one found dog and one dog I forcibly rescued from a very abusive family (under threat of calling the SPCA (which I did anyway)). My Blue and Gold Macaw is also a rescue bird who would have normally been put to death due to medical issues (now very healthy except for 2 broken wings...).

/soapbox
    If you can avoid it, NEVER buy a dog or cat (or any animal for that matter), from a store or breeder unless you plan on breeding or showing the animal (then make sure the paperwork is legit and the animal is in good health). There are plenty of animals in your local shelter that could use a good home. The number of animals being put to death in this country is staggering. And do spay or neuter your pet unless you plan on breeding.
    /soapbox
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...