Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theming in Ubuntu problems.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Theming in Ubuntu problems.

I think GRUB could be configured in this way. My parents' computer and mine dual-boot with xp64 and linux, although they are on a single hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I think GRUB could be configured in this way. My parents' computer and mine dual-boot with xp64 and linux, although they are on a single hard drive.
    GRUB will configure it straight away. I've got a dual boot with XP and Ubuntu on one hard drive, and it can even be made into a triple or quad boot. If you want you can use Wubi to install via Windows, or if you are feeling daring you can partition off your Windows install and then install on the empty partition.
    RIP Bucko

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Got Conky working mostly. Thanks Mal. I still don't have everything working right, for instance the network monitor isn't reporting anything back. Well... i don't think it is, it doesn't list an IP address or anything. And i wasn't sure how to set up the email stuff, but thats ok, I'm not sure i want information about my Email on my desktop.

I was gonna give you some rep, but i have to spread it around more i guess. Sry

Edit: I also might not worry bout the dual boot thing for now. I'm gonna try to switch primarily to Linux w/ the exception of when i game. I made my GF an account after telling her that it has all the programs she uses in windows anyway. I'll probably revert back to windows when school comes around. I'm not sure what I'll be doing in programming this year, but if its more Java, I'll be using windows.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

What's you internet connection called? Is it something like eth0, wlan0, rausb0? You'll have to open the .conkyrc, scroll to the bottom and replace every instance of wlan0 with the one that applies for your connection. Then, kill the Conky process (Terminal > killall conky) and start it back up (Terminal > conky).
    RIP Bucko

I did that before running conky. I used the graphical text editor and used the find feature to find all instances of wlan0 and repaced them w/ etho0. I did notice that the graphical display works, but nothing else regarding my network status seems to work.

Also, is there a way to make it start on login?

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    I did that before running conky. I used the graphical text editor and used the find feature to find all instances of wlan0 and repaced them w/ etho0. I did notice that the graphical display works, but nothing else regarding my network status seems to work.

Also, is there a way to make it start on login?
    I don't know if you just typo-ed right now, but you have etho0, which definitely won't work.

And you can make it start at boot, however it never works for me. I always have to pop open a terminal and get it started.
    RIP Bucko

That fixed it. I must have read through fast and not noticed it was just eth0. etho0 just made sense. Thanks mal.

Anybody know of an easy way to install fonts? I just thought i would ask before i try any of the stuff i found on Google. Font management is sort of disappointing me. For as easy as it is to customize just about everything else, it seems theres no easy way to add and manage fonts.