Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: painting a case

Anodized

Default Re: painting a case

Well, it looks like I will have to scratch the powdercoating idea. The Thermaltake case that I have has a big stamp on the side and I want it gone and they seem to think that it won't be a good idea to sand it down even. I disagree but hey. So I think that I will just bondo the inside and then flatten the outside and go from there. How bad can wetsanding be..

If by any chance anyone is in the Arkansas (why you would is beyond me) area and needs powdercoating give a shout.
    Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad

Fresh Paint

Hey...new guy here..SSSOooo hello everyone...
    That being said...pc1972.. if you can get anything powdercoated for 20bux.. let alone an entire tower..... DO IT... The only way yer gonna damage powder coat finish is "impact damage"...i.e dropping it off of your desk... I had the cage of an Chieftec powder caoated and it cost a little over $80... ooo, also, you can get almost any color known to man, glossy or satin or flat.

OOPS.. sorry, just missed your last post... Why no sanding??? Bare metal/alum can be powdercoated just fine...

Anodized

thanks digital. I am just trying to explore my options. Its getting to be crunch time and I'm getting kinda nervous and excited at the same time. Nothing like getting your feet wet for the first time.
    Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad

Anodized

first off pc1972 try not to hijak threads lol. second i used to be a full time powder coater we used to paint these racks made at the same loctaion sometimes we would make and paint stuff for the military ie the navy. let me say usually with powder coating once u chip it depending on the chip it can be sanded smooth and with a mixture of the powder and water painted again and usually it would be fine unless its a rather large or noticeable chip. second of all u can only powder coat metal 3 times then its rubbish and also powder coat is very thick so we used to put small silicone cone shaped things in screw holes etc otherwise they fill up and are a apin in the ass. and finally ITS NOT WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY. ur better off using spraypaint or even auto paint. good luck
    SEMPER FI

Anodized

Is air-brushing a case a lot harder than spray paint?

My dad (im 16) has an air-brush and was wandering if i should use that on my case instead of the spray paint..

Does it give off a better effect and is more even or what? is it just the fact that it is a lot quicker to air-brush?

Anodized

first off viper i have no idea second DONT HIJAK OTHER PEOPLES THREADS start you own plz
    SEMPER FI

Anodized

Sawblade, this thread was made about painting cases. my question was About painting the case. Therefore it is not hijacking the thread. I am not going to make another thread called the same thing, that's just pointless and it would be closed and i would be told to post in 1 already made, aka this 1.

Anodized

no u wouldnt noob. besides u think im the first person to start a thread about painting a case? LoL
    SEMPER FI

Anodized

ok. SaWBLaDe. you need to relax. Other people have posted in mine plenty of times, you learn from what others say. If you already know it all, why post this question? You need to cool it and think of others. No-one is hijacking your thread. i merely saved creating another thread for a basic question.

Anodized

dude what r u on about you have been here what 11 days now? i thikn u need to stop and think for a sec "why post in someone elses thread when i can start a new one whtas the worst that could happen? they refer u somewere else? delete ur thread?" i have never had a thread deleted or removed so i must be doing something right? why not just leave and start a new thread? why cause trouble? and why are u scared of making a new thread they gonna run out of paper? LoL
    SEMPER FI