Thread: Plexi or Acrylic?

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Default Plexi or Acrylic?

OK I want to start etching either one but the question is: What one is better? Also were do You buy yours?

P.S I live in United states if you dint notice my avatar.
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Default Re: Plexi or Acrylic?

http://www.estreetplastics.com/ is where I bought my stuff. I liked it a lot when I received it, nicely packaged with no damages to the surface.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Plexi or Acrylic?

Plexi and acrylic are the same thing. Plexiglas is a registered trademark name. There are two KINDS of acrylic though, cast and extruded. I strongly recommend the cast acrylic, as it is stronger, denser and has a much higher melting point. I recently did an all-acrylic scratchbuild and bought all my sheet material from estreet plastics as well. Very happy with the product, only complaint I had was ths shipping charges, but they have smaller pieces available that can't be found elsewhere. Check out their site, their selection is excellent.
    ________
    CANNABIS COLLECTIVE
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.