Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did you hear about how great the new version of Windows, "Mojave" is?

Default Re: Did you hear about how great the new version of Windows, "Mojave" is?

I've found one thing that isn't Vista compatible (sadly) although it might work in 32-bit Vista. All I know is there are some applications which refuse to run even with 32-bit emulation.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Default Re: Did you hear about how great the new version of Windows, "Mojave" is?

I actually really like vista, once you get used to it. And get it all patched up. Its great, very powerful too, the olny thing that pissed me off it wouldnt let me change files for some reason because of some random admin ****. But I still like it.

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Wth. Srsly.
    it turns out that in SanFran a Vista blogger did a little 'test' with XP fanatics who loved what they thought was 'Codename: Mojave'. It was Vista the entire time."

Brilliant.
    heh heh heh...Boo Windows Xp, HOORAY BEER!
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

What's so powerful about Vista over XP?

I have Vista and I find it's powerful alright as in taking more resources and causing FPS hits in games. If you have XP there is still no reason to upgrade to Vista unless you want DX10, that's the only reason. Vista still needs to be more stable and there are still driver issues (I'm still missing 1). Vista is pretty much worthless except for DX10 to me, widgets/gadgets/whatever are disabled already and the "transparency effect" for titlebars is useless still I can't even consider it eyecandy effects. The UAC doesn't even bother me it's more of an annoyance but it stops lesser users from doing wrong stuff at least.

It just seems like it has capabilities to me, don't hate on me its just my opinion.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

It was a neat trick they played, just like in clinical trials when they use a placebo. I use Vista and haven't found a single problem with it, well there were a few issues but with all the updates since its release it works great for me. The only downside is that there is still lack of support or adoption of the 64bit interface. The only reason I upgraded from XP was because I found it bland and uninteresting to use. I actually find it easier to work with Macs since I have used Vista, there are many similarities.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Even though I've used Vista for over a year... I haven't been able to use macs still.

Macs aren't compatible with me xD
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

Personally my vista hate is compliance related. It flat out just doesn't like my best computer because of some "powersaving" feature it doesn't have on the motherboard. The other computer runs it just fine but doesn't have enough memory to make it worthwhile and was a loss in performace because of it.

Nothing against Vista, just not going to use it until I replace both computers.

Besides I clung to Windows 2k for a long time after XP came out.

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Even though I've used Vista for over a year... I haven't been able to use macs still.

Macs aren't compatible with me xD
    Maybe it's a driver issue?

i've never even used a mac before
    “An intelligent hell would be better than a retarded paradise”
    -Victor Hugo

Regardless the name is better.
    Winduzz Mojave.