Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paperazzi

Default Re: Project: Paperazzi

If you think the keyboard is weird...

Blobs

No. This is just the start of detailing

Photobucket screwed me. In case if you missed it or too lazy to scroll back a couple of pages, here's some flickr pix of the completed case.

Now I'll have to wait for the bandwidth limit to roll over the month for photobucket. Meh.. getting a 2nd account

Some update. Have to stack near-empty spray cans on it so it doesnt bend when it dries.

Added another layer underneath it to thicken it a little. And bought some stuffs today to finish it off.

Just for deco purposes. Lol, no, not watercooled mousepad, that would be nonsense.

Mwehehehe. Painted with minor highlights. Then further highlight with the old brown instead of red oxide that I used for the keyboard (it sucks, I'm gonna need a new can of brown)

Slimed

I stuffed the 2 cylinders into their place, took me a couple of minutes as the paint and slime tightened the loop a little. Feel its too empty so I pour some slime and additional glue into it. Don't ask me how it's gonna turn out to be when its dried, I got no idea at all lol. We'll just have to wait and see.

For the plastic tubes, opt for semi-flow look. Since the cylinders are half empty or half full I'll just make it look as if its non functioning anymore.

I'll need to clear coat them tomorrow and superglue the top covers early. Might be taking a couple of days off modding as I'm getting my left calf's tatt finished tomorrow noon.

Done done done. 3/6 of the set.

Back and right

Front part

One slimy family

Spiderman.. spiderman..

Time to go get my ink. I've already got some ideas for the mouse, LCD monitor and speaker base in my head. Be back once I get a back-up mouse

A little update. This is a stock Logitech MX 518 and an MX 518 when you open it up.

This is mine. Well, so far.

Went for vines instead of the usual uh.. "unexplainable" shapes. Gimme a couple more days you can see them popping up clearly once its painted.

Teaser. Too dark to take good pix.

I didn't kill it. Phew. More tmrw.

I fn hate this new can of clear coat. It lightens the color instead of darkening it like the old one did. Now the slime looks sorta pinkish purple damn. I'm gonna go hunt for the old brand soon and chuck the almost-full new one into the bin.

How its supposed to look like:

How it ended up:

Good news tho. On the verge of getting a new job and its all up to me whether I wanna take it or the other one. That means I can probably kick off the next project in about three to four months' time as I need to have some savings for myself first. Milked my account dry for this 4 months.

Left side view. Noticed the part which is a large patch of pink-purplish slime? I kept that part wide enough for my thumb to rest on. Fits nicely.

Here's a right view. The first curve on the bottom is for the 4th finger to rest on. With the added molds currently my palm can fully rest on it without cringing the index and middle finger.

Front view. Ninja turles anyone?

Yeah it feels rough and the ribbed part does its job by keeping the whole palm from feeling the full surface.I did carve away some excess on the sides of the click-pad (since its a joint piece I can't call it buttons eh? lol) as the right click wasn't feeling very smooth once the whole thing is screwed back together. And I took out the little bar for the scroll button. You know, the one that gives the scroll button the ticking sound. Now when I scroll it feels like I'm using a scroll pad instead lol cos its smooth scrolling.

OK, nuff of preaching and time to get on with the speaker base and the USB hub first. I'll leave the LCD monitor for the grand finale.

Minor update. Its been raining 3-4 days in a row and the weather doesn't permit me to finish this as soon as I wanted. Its dragging a 4-5 day job into more than a week as its very hard to get it dried.

More probably in a couple of days after its fully dried. OK, now its raining again. Dammit

Weird.. this time the same can of spray paint didn't turn purple to pink. *scratches ass repeatedly* I tested a lil on the centre part and it turned out alright. So did the whole thing for the speaker base with the same can. Both are done now.

I decided to chuck in 2 old UV CCFLs behind the LCD when I mod it so I inserted these old UV sleeve into the tubes. Well, I find it will be kinda boring if everything's brown-purple-brown-purple so I used green instead.

Thats all for now people. I'd be on a hiatus for approximately 8-9 days starting today till next Sunday for my trip. Hopefully I can grab some weird stuffs when I'm out of the country hehe. See you all when I come back. With the LCD mod starting.