Thread: Computer Won't Turn On At All

duct tape can fix anything Tavarin's Avatar

Default Computer Won't Turn On At All

Well I've got an interesting problem, my computer won't turn on, or do anything for that matter.

Last night I want and picked up a new Tagan BZ800 PSU, and a case. I moved my entire working computer into this new case and set it all up in the exact same way (Except the case fans) that I had before only with the new PSU.

The motherboard has power, as shown by the Mobo LED lighting up, but when I try the power switches nothing happened. I even tried different switches to see if that was the problem.

I then redid all the connections and cleared the CMOS. Still nothing.

The fan I have plugged into my CPU fan port is only a three pin fan, since it's the one that's on my cooler. Could that be the problem? I'm at work but I can try a different fan there tonight.

I just found this very strange since mt entire sustem worked fine until I changed the case.

Cheers

Default Re: Computer Won't Turn On At All

Unplug everything, and plug everything back in, check motherboard connections (particularly the au. CPU connector, 4 or 8 pins depends on your motherboard). Even without a fan, you can still get it to turn on.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

also, try it with the old PSU, and if that doesn't work, try it out of the case. Make sure that you have the power button plugged into the right pins. To turn it on, you can use a metallic object to create a short between the two pins, which will do the same thing as a power button.

I'll try that again, it will be the second time I've reconnected everything.
    I hope I can get it to work. If anyone has any other ideas of how I can get this thing running please post up. Just remember that in My System I now have a Tagan BZ800 if it makes any difference.

I figured out the problem, and the problem was... My Motherboard.
    And considering that my motherboard had compatibility issues with several USB peripherals, and most of the case fan ports weren't working, I decided to get myself a new motherboard.
    The Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe.
    Just set it up and am typing on it right now. No problems at all with it, just plugged everything in and nothing needed to be formatted or changed. I am very happy with this board on first impressions and may just have to review it at some point.

I like when windows doesn't have to be re-installed after swapping out a motherboard. Half of the time, I get a BSOD on xp.

Yah, last time I switched out a mobo I had to call Microsoft and have them register windows xp again for me. But this time with Vista the change took mere minutes and my computer works perfectly now.

Luckily, my U of M copy doesn't ever have to be activated.