I had the dangest problem with my Linksys wireless card and router.

It started when I had to upgrade the firmware on the router to make it work with a DSL modem. I also had to put the device in bridged mode, which took a while to figure out, but that's another story. I got rid of using cable for my high speed and that's another story as well.

Then my wireless card on my laptop stopped remembering the default WPA2 password. I could make it connect if I manually put in the security password and it would stay connected for several hours. I thought the problem existed in the PCMCIA wireless card on the laptop because remembering the dang security password is usually a function of the wireless card.

After a nice long session going over the information from Google, I found a suggestion to unplug the router for about five minutes before you plug it back in and this particular problem will go away. A simple reset would not do it, you have to remove power for a few minutes.

So I unplugged that dang router and let it sit for 30 minutes and plugged it back in. The laptop connects to my wireless router just fine now. I guess the router had something in a memory location that is saved with a capacitor that hosed up the security on it.

I'm glad that I was able to fix this. My wife was complaining for a new laptop.