Thread: lego laptop

Default lego laptop

yo, previously made a lego computer http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=11243 and recently took my laptop apart as it was making so much noise, i did fit it to a few bits of ply which worked really well but looked fair boring so i started fiddling this evening, took me about 2hours i guess

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Default Re: lego laptop

haha! Awesome!!! +rep because that is the coolest thing I've seen in awhile.
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

That's great. It's what I should do with my laptop.

looks freeking sweet,

also is it me or does that HSF look a little to big? the scale of that vs other parts it looks miles to large!

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Apparently, it's not doing any harm, and I guess it's better too big than too small.

the heatsink is from a desktop and it screwed to the top of the laptop heatsink [not to the fins] and the fan is a 90mm case fan, running it at about 3v to keep it all super quiet. the copper heatsink is for some of the chips on the motherboard and is from an old graphics card, seems to all work pretty well, never goes above 40 even when converting video

oh also i thought id stick in a link to my website, let me know what you think

http://www.asfw04.dsl.pipex.com/