Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I guess I'm just Stupid

Default Re: I guess I'm just Stupid

another thing is work station cards have alot of memory but i doubt that you can just flash the cards to change it from a workstation to gaming card. maybe on some but for the most part i would think not.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I think the main difference with this one is the graphics outputs. It has an industry first:

ATI FireGL V7700 Graphics Card, PCI Express, 512MB - 100-505505

* PCI Express Slot
    * Video output via DVI-I, Component video, VGA

This high end workstation solution with 512 MB frame buffer memory is the industry’s first 3D workstation graphics accelerator to feature a DisplayPort output. With a full 10-bit display pipeline, the ATI FireGL V7700 is ideally suited for applications that benefit from accurate color reproduction and superior visual quality.

Based on a new generation GPU with 320 unified shader units, the ATI FireGL V7700 ultra parallel processing architecture maximizes throughput by automatically directing graphics horsepower where it’s needed. Intelligent management of computational resources
    enables enhanced utilization of the GPU to enable real-time rendering of complex models
    and scenes while increasing frame rate performance when animating.

The ATI FireGL V7700 features a DisplayPort output and a Dual Link DVI output, together
    generating amulti-monitor desktop of over 5000 pixels wide. Featuring native multi-accelerator support, users can see more and do more with four displays being driven by two ATI FireGL accelerators in the same workstation. ATI FireGL workstation graphics accelerators are thoroughly tested and certified with major Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Digital Content Creation (DCC) applications, ensuring a level of reliability not found in consumer graphics products.

The FireGL V7700 features Unified Shader Architecture, AutoDetect Technology, full 10-bit Display Pipeline, High Dynamic Range (HDR) Rendering, Multi-View display, full Shader Model 4.0 support, certification, and DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 2.1 Advanced Features.
    CrazyB

Reported.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

how about this one

These cards weren't meant for AI and other special effects for gaming. They are strictly for flat-out rendering, lighting, shading, and postprocessing. That's why they fly through Sony Vegas, but have trouble pushing some games (the games that require AI support push to the CPU, which stresses to crank it out, unless you have 2 quad-core Xeons and a Skulltrail mobo. XD).
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.