Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cost of Computers by TGS

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Default Re: The Cost of Computers by TGS

ok guys first off we gotta stop we are showing our age. 2nd I am glad to see that I am not the only one who mounted a old modem to the back of a picture frame to extend the cord and hung it on the wall so you couldnt see the modem.

Is awesome

I just barely remember back to the nineties.

I would be in 2nd grade back in 1998, and yes- I remember that it was very, very easy to run out of hard drive space. I also vaguely remember an ipod that my uncle had, 4 gigabytes. My dad said "That thing has as much space as our computer!"

I played computer games then, also. Worms Armageddon baby- that thing was awesome.
    You love my sig.

nuff said.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Here' the ad from the back of the 1st issue of Byte magazine (9/75) of the Altair 8800!

WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    I just barely remember back to the nineties.

I would be in 2nd grade back in 1998, and yes- I remember that it was very, very easy to run out of hard drive space. I also vaguely remember an ipod that my uncle had, 4 gigabytes. My dad said "That thing has as much space as our computer!"

I played computer games then, also. Worms Armageddon baby- that thing was awesome.
    hate to burst your memory blast kid but ipods didn't come out till 2001 even then it wasn't 4gb and you didn't run out of memory that quick unless you were making water painting all day, games were hosted on the cds not on the hard drives

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

awesome write-up! +rep

i rem back in the 90's i was running windows 95 rite upto about 99, i had a 2gb HDD for windows and a 12GB drive for everything else, and i was constantly uninstalling stuff to try and save space.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I remember playing Decent on my dads old Packard Bell. Had the 100MB drive double spaced to 120MB. Then still needed to uninstall different programs to install games I wanted to play. How many people here remember cruising around on local BBS's to pass some time?

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I remember playing descent on my old compaq! it was the **** when the original pentium came out! lol a whopping 120MB HDD lol

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I remember playing DOS games on my grandparents' old compaq with a 486 and a ~700MB, I think hard drive. That drive is still running. Then there's the first family computer, a Dell XPS P120C. It came with 16 MB RAM, upgradable to 128MB (I did upgrade it to that a few years ago), a Pentium 120MHz cpu, a sweet somewhat new (at the time) technology PCI video card(Number Nine, really just an S3 card) and a whole 1GB hard drive. It was purchased on july 14 1995. It came with Win 3.1 for workgroups. My dad had a hell of a time upgrading 95.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.