Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TBCS Art Contest IV - Clothing Design

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: TBCS Art Contest IV - Clothing Design

LED Backlit T-Shirts? YES!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

For my entry, I wanted something that would reflect the site. I quickly was inspired to do a military theme, which led to the idea that the awards we earn on the site could be represented similarly to military awards on real clothing. I'm no good with photoshop, so I decided to keep the entry real stylized. I'm happy with the results.

I wanted things to be functional as well, and also be nerdy, so the braided cords, or aiguilette is made of real CAT5 tied in a slip knot so it can be unwound and used if needed. The pin part of the badges could be a USB flash drive. Here's a concept of what I was kinda thinking. This is real rough, but you get the idea . . .

My inspiration for the badges I have in my "Inspiration" folder on my hard drive. I keep images of neat things in that folder; projects, art, sculpture, computer stuff; anything that inspires other ideas in me. I don't always know how it will inspire me, or if it will ever come to any benefit, but it's a good thing to have and helped me here.

Here are two other items from the same folder that didn't make it in the final design. It could be done, but things were getting too busy. I'm already regretting that stupid wifi detector.
    A "greenaid." A reusable bag that folds into itself, but for my design would be a mini tool bag.

Here's a fire extinguisher for those overclocking disasters.

Here's a cooler bit of function that I didn't include in the design that I'm thinking I might have done. The idea of the design for tech clothing should be that it does more than just cover your nudity. It should have multiple functions and be cool like James Bond, or maybe Max Smart? Embroidered iPod controls would've been cool too, but whatever. Another day.

No more TVs.

I hope you like my entry and that it inspires you. This being an art contest, I feel that a rough design like this is poor and shouldn't even count, but this is the best I can give right now. Sadly I'm a better concept designer than artist, especially on the computer.
    Last edited by d_stilgar; 10-01-2008 at 04:16 AM.

Fresh Paint

@d_stilgar: that's great design +rep

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Damn. That is kind of impressive, if only for how thorough you were. lol

+rep!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

.... you win... lol very nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Don't like it, but love the sheer amount of work you went through to put it all together.

Especially, the extinguisher grenade!!

Awesome!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Last day. I announce the winner tomorrow!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    The Rules:
    1. Registered TBCS members only with at least 20 posts at the time of submittal. Staff allowed to enter.
    2. Entries to be submitted by Sept 21, 2008 at 23:59 Central U.S. Time
    3. I don't care about the format just as long as I can open it.
    4. Use any software you like, 2D/3D etc. You can enter your own pencil drawings if you wish.
    5. Any resolution acceptable.
    6. No limit to how much you edit or modify your images.
    7. Judging will be done by you, the TBCS community!
    8. You may submit 1 design only.
    9. Scoring/Voting: Will be done by the TBCS community!
    Are we not doing the voting this way? I'm fine with that considering the limited interest and response, just wondering.

Oh yeah, duh. I'll hopefully have them all posted up to be VOTED on tomorrow.
    WH1T3 0U7

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Its past tomorrow will it be tomorrow? GL ALL MAY THE BEST WIN!
    <---ME Before Voting--->Me After Voting---->
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.