Thread: Need help connecting xblade side panel fan power cables!!!

Default Need help connecting xblade side panel fan power cables!!!

ok i aint gonna front on here....i've got my brothers xblade custom built pc.

Ive been fixing a few things on it for him. so far ive fixed his usb ports and dvd drive cos they werent working.

im stumped when it comes to connecting the side panel fan cos i'm not sure where to plug the cables in. Ive got some pictures for your expert eyes to look at doods -

^ thats the pc with the side panel off..notice the wire hanging down from the fan on the side panel? thats what i need to connect...

heres the inside wires...

so the front light/fan cables are highlighted...do i plug the side panel fan into one of these sockets...if so do you know which one would be the best to try..i just dont wanna **** up the pc.

any sort of help would be very appreciated.

cheers guys

Default Re: Need help connecting xblade side panel fan power cables!!!

Just connect the fan to any of those power connectors, red - yellow, black - black.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

I dont wanna soon like a complete noob but do i need to pull out the yellow & black cable first then push in two cable at one time? or do i just push the red and black cable into one?

its just ive never had to connect these cables before and i dont wanna **** up anything on my bro's computer cos i do that kinda shyt all the time,hahaha

So i checked again...how do i get the metal pins out of the socket to put in the fan power cables?

I'm assuming that the fan has a red and a black. The red is positive, the black is negative.
    In your case wiring, yellow is +12V, red is +5V, black is 0V.
    You need to connect the fan to 12V, meaning that the red from the fan connects to one of the yellows in the case wiring, and the black goes to the black.

how do i get the metal pins out of the socket to put in the fan power cables?
    I made a simple tutorial here about a very easy way to make a connection without having to remove the pins.

i read your tutorial and it seems ok...how do i remove the metal pin from the plastic socket though wothout damaging it?

You didn't read it properly... you don't need to remove the pin, I just showed it removed so you could see what I meant. It's quite possible to poke the wire through with it in place.

If you must remove the connector, see those two sticky-out bits in the second picture? You need to bend them flush with the body.

But like I said, you don't need to.

right i get ya now....thats some fiddly shyt right there so i'll do it in the morning when im not half asleep.

thanks bro

hey i got the fan sorted by doin what you said xmastree so thanks again for the info..

the temp'd dropped by 4 degrees which is why i wanted to hook it up -

heres the before and after pic with the fan working -

it looks far better now so thanks again for the info bro....