Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Sister Is Coming Home Soon!

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default My Sister Is Coming Home Soon!

As some of you may remember, my sister got in a car accident nearly 11 months ago and has been hospitalized since due to a stroke that left her with Locked in Syndrome, which is where the brain can not control the motor functions of the body, leaving the person quadraplegic/tetraplegic. She has been hospitalized and cared for by the wonderful staff at Kaiser Walnut Creek for quite some time now.

We've been preparing the house to accommodate a handicapped person and we're very close to being completely ready here (a few days of work tops). We have an in-home nursing service and two nurses who will take 8 hour shifts each, covering 16 hours of the day, and we'll cover caring for her at night.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about: sarastatus.blogspot.com

Just figured I'd update you all because we're on schedule to bring her home on Monday at the earliest but almost definitely next week if not Monday.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Default Re: My Sister Is Coming Home Soon!

Thats wonderful news! My hope is just being home, will make her feel better!

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

It sounds like she has one of the greatest family's possible. Maby you could mod a computer for her if she is able to use one. I am wishing the best of luck to you Omega.
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Quote Originally Posted by killergamer View Post
    It sounds like she has one of the greatest family's possible. Maby you could mod a computer for her if she is able to use one. I am wishing the best of luck to you Omega.

She is able to use a computer (she has a specialized compter right now) and while I won't do any physical mods (I haven't modded in like two years), I was going to set up a bunch of nifty network stuff so she can access her music, all the movies we have, etc. As of right now, she can't.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Very very cool!
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Im glad to here she will be coming home soon home may very well be the best medicine .

She wants to be home. She's wanted to be home for months now. Everybody says that one on one nursing (rather than one on two) in a place where there's no risk of cross-infection will be good for her. Also, being around friends and family can only benefit her

I'm glad to hear that shes doing better now.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

That is awesome news! Let me know if you run into any snags and need help with the network.

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Glad to hear the good news man. My thoughts and wishes go out to your sister and the rest of the family. Just remember if you need anyhting dont hesitate to ask this family.