Thread: My First MOD, and its an LCD One!!

Default LCD MOD, plans and progress

Well this is it,

I've been planning this mod for about 2 months, checking out the best value LCD's and how I'm going to go about fitting it to my PC (IDEQ BIOSTAR 200v ). Below are some images of the screen (6.4") I finally got two days ago:

The LCD screen, Control Board and Power Board.....Running first time, with a little help from PowerStrip.

I was suprised how well the LCD ran games. :p

So the next step is fitting it into my PC, bearing in mind its a barebone system, I have hardly any room, so the only place it can go is in the drive bay! And you guessed it, I only have one!

I'll keep uou updated and post pics to show you how its going, hopefully it won't take too long

Resident Alcoholic

Default Re: My First MOD, and its an LCD One!!

Cant wait to see it! I should be trying something like this after christmas! where did you get your screen from?

Glad you like the look of it, I got the screen from a company called Hero Electronics, based in Befordshire UK, it cost £120, with control board, a very good deal I think. Its 6.4" btw, so Im going to have to mod/cut my chassis for it to fit :p

Well this is my preliminary design of what i want it to look like, the side panels are cut already, so its just a case of getting the plexy cut, and the fans placed, aswell as working out a system to hinge the screen in place so that it folds up and down, any ideas welcome :p

Hey again,

The next, and probobly easyest part of the mod, was putting holes in my network adaptors' PCI bracket to mount the Compostie input and power board.

It hurt, fileing out the holes claimed its first victim, my left thumb the file slipped out of the hole and vertically down the front of my thumb, lots of blood and swearing later and it seems to be ok (and by ok i mean a large puss filled blister thing )

Anyhoo, heres the fruit of my labours, a nice simple job well done :p

Next is extending a cable with fourteen wires yeh thats right 14!

Fresh Paint

might have to get one

Looks good so far, so how are you going to mount the LCD and make it move as well? Will the LCD move by itself or via someone moving it?

Sounds similar to my Car PC idea, but let us not go there (too complex for me currently), make sure you post updates whenever possible.

ATX Mental Case

I have an idea for mounting it... why not grab a couple of pistons from an rc-car (available at your local hobby shops) and have a push-click system. kinda like the panels on old tv's that would hide the brightness, color, nobs. Remember those? you had to push it in to open it out and it made a click sound when you did. So if you push a bit on the top or where ever you place the little lock, the pistons would raise the screen up.

Just an idea.

Good luck and happy modding.