Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere to grind.....

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Somewhere to grind.....

Hello,all this will be my first worklog of any kind please lol be patient .
    A little background i have been hanging around modding forums for a while now .
    I havent been active on the modding part so here goes lol .

The story behind somewhere to grind is i Have what is called the "Man Room ",
    Which is wife for all your crap goes here lol, well i was going to mod in this room well .
    When my wifeheardthe dremel the first time that was it lol.

My free time is at night and she gets up at 3:00 AM so that just wasnt going to work well with me working in the cabinetery bussiness and, the economy being really slow for me.

A large shop is out of the question now so my neighbor had a cube van box that is 8X 18 for $350 so i bought it and got it deliverd for $35 So i have basically $400 in it right now this is where the story or mod begins ........ any comments ,tips or Constructive criticism thanks in advance . I will post start photos as soon as i figure out how lol.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 11-09-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Default Re: Somewhere to grind.....

this after the towtruck driver did quiet a number on it

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Holy crap.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

I'd add some ventilation--those things get damn hot during the summertime.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Air vents and fans. Only words I got for ya man. Maybe a nice picture here and there... lol jk

Current projects:
    Project:8core
    ON HOLDKarbon Kreation
    ON HOLDFish Tank Media PC

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

dude that is awesome. Yeah i agree some fans in the top for ventilation would help alot and maybe one a tthe front jsut to circulate it. Hell maybe I cna come out there nad help ya with it.

Not bad at all, man. Doesn't really matter that it's bent up.

Get a couple industrial box-fans, agreed - don't know where you live, but if you have snowy/icy winters like we do, I'd suggest getting a couple of barn-door style doors on that thing as well, perhaps some light insulation. And for the summer, I'd recommend painting it white or some other light color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

@ TGS more like unholy crap lol
    @DrumThumper,Karbon Killa,BerticusPryme lol yeah i have been working on that i will probably just go with one in front on in back of something like this
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...025&lpage=none
    or i may go something like this

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...CGB&lpage=none
    and i was thinking of adding a small air conditioner as well
    @FuzzyPlushroom yeah i dont careif it is bent i live in alabama and you can ask BerticusPryme it gets Ridiculously hot and humid here yeah i have lined the roof with this already
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...348&lpage=none
    it dosent seem like much but does wonders .

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...0-1&lpage=none i plan to paint the roof with this it is what they use to coat mobile home roofs and tin roofs and it helps repel heat as well
    thanks for all the comments and tips guys a few more pics i hope lol it gets better .

those small holes had to be fixed i have a lot of work done but have to get pics uploaded and this is my first worklog of any kind so i am trying to do the best for a first time log.
    On a side note i think Vivitar and the battery company are partners lol .
    Also i guess you guys saw the big spray painted for sale sign see a lot of the ripping alabamians get is deserved .

it has some heavy duty metal in the floor it will take some grinding to get that weld smoother but grinding wheels are cheap and labors free mine anyway .

it had wood paneling that i hoped to keep some to reuse but was to far gone and lol a joy to remove .

more of the wall.

and you all though the front was bad lol see the daylight throught hte tears

this picture tells the real story when i first looked at this building it had one very very small tear in the corner . When the wrecker driver was finished all those holes were there that corner post was demolished .

The whole back wall was completly torn loose honestly you could push it a good foot to foot and a half away from the base .
    I remember setting there thinking it was a loss i mean to most $400 is nothing to me its a small fortune espically in the winter time .
    I bought this last novemeber but with low funds work on it when i can my neghibor lol he loves it . That day he was gonna buy it to haul it away and as the wall flapped in the breeze i said do i want to junk it HE.... no Im gonna MOD it so here and so it began .

once again for sale lol
    I know you are all going what in the blue He..... is with the wood frame and vent pipe i wondered the same thing the guy told me he was going to make kiln to dry wood to make rocking chairs ......oh ok .
    Well you can see the humble beggings i will upload the pics of the progress as soon as i can if nothing happens . BTW any and all comments and tips welcome thanks again all

Looks like it will make a pretty neat shop!!

I have been to Alabama in the summer and with as hot as it gets.. I think I would consider one of these instead of the fan!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...CB8&lpage=none

Good luck and looking forward to how this works out!