Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere to grind.....

Default Re: Somewhere to grind.....

I have a really important question .. when you are done will it be mobile.. even if that means slurped back up onto a truck.. will it still have all the structure needed to do that..( moblie man caves are even cooler then normal ones )

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

@ ShockTheBox you know that reminds me i have my Home stereo that never gets used at home because my wife gets up really early i had thought of building a wood with a plexiglass front and a 120mm fan on front and back with filter material thanks for reminding Me +rep

Also when i run the electrical underground i would like to run a cat5 or 6 cable if it put them in there on seperate pvc pipes there shoiuldnt be any interferance right ?

Luke122 i say go for it it is nice to have a place to get away from it all and is lot better when it is warm hope you get the Man cave fixed up man .

ShockTheBox I dont know i have done a lot to the structure to brace it .
    Which the tow truck driver did a lot to unbrace it .
    I think if it was a good driver it would be ok but i wouldnt promise that lol .
    It probably has seen it last ride lol

aww thats to bad .. how cool would it be to take your workshop and computers with you at all times .. laptops dont count .. they dont have the same power and glory a desktop computer does .. but I am really loving this mod.. keep it up and finish the thing i want to see some action shots of you working in the man cave.. so I can feel manly lol

Here is what i have been working on this week while i was off was hoping to get to work a lot but with the holiday and Black Friday sales ,helping the father-in-law some and knocking off early today to watch my Alabama Crimson Tide dismantle Auburn 36 to 0 which i really really enjoyed Roll Tide .

I got somethings acomplished one little bit of advice i can give if anyone is considering doing a mod like this work when you can no matter how little you get done keep plugging away i get discourged sometimes but i just keep going the best i can and all the support i receive here and at other forums helps a lot thanks all . Now to the update

These are the nails i used to put the sheet insulation on the outside wish i had taken a picture of the insulation its just 4x8 sheet insulation .

installed

The siding as i was getting ready to cut it .

closeup it is called rough barnwood i love this rustic looking stuff

the first peice installed

After it was installed
    lol on a liter note that innocent looking four foot ladder well i had mine sideways on my steps putting my sideing on well speed ,quickness, and grace i am not known to have lol .

Well i fell of the top of that ladder the other day i know thats not very high but the angle and what i could have fell on could have been bad well all i can say is im blessed somehow i landed on my feet but one leg was between the lege of the ladder i didnt even get scratched .

sideing painted finally i got to cover up the paint on the doors that the weather messed up .

The whole front painted.

some trim piecies i added just to help a little

this is what i had to contend with just to get to working on the inside .

this angle stock was donated by a friend to i used it for backstops at the top of the doors he even drilled it and countersunk it with his drill press thansk again man .

of course mother nature is at it again .

how thick it is

installed also i put some 2x2 behind the door for stops on the back and to help seal from wind and rain but forgot to take a picture.

I wasnt going to put anything on celling to cover the insulation but , i thought i want to make it as nice as possible there will be modding and some hobby woodwork ,planning sessions ,maybe gaming sessions and watchingh the ocasssional ball game .

So i went browsing some salvage supply stores i found some paneling i liked it looks similar to diamond plate or i think that what they were going for lol.

here i added the 1x2s so i could put screws in the celing wihout putting holes in the roof .

Here i broke out the mancave namesake to grind off the rivets of the old track the door ran on .

the track i was talking about .

after i grinded the heads off i just had to take a drill bit to it just a little the tracks popped right off .
    track are gone .

first one installed i only have one left and i wll be done will post upthe the picture of that later if nothing happens.

also i filled the voids with some scrap insulation we had leftover from some work one the house every little bit helps cant afford to waste anything thats all for now hope to have another update with celing finsihed if nothing happens hope you all enjoyed it . Eveyones support is greatley appreciated .

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

It's really starting to shape up. Keep up the good work.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

this is so awesome .. i want to make one.. but out of an old submarine or something manly and cool like that
    good work .., i love the pics keep em comming

This is an up close shot of the pattern on the celing .

This is the finished the finished celing . it kind of looks like a carbon fiber pattern in that light to me.

This is the trim i decieded on i think it will look pretty nice .
    I put up some more insulation but, not ezactly exciting hope you enjoy it

Hey Shock the box here is another container i looked at i tohught was manley
    http://www.iport.com/sales.html

hope to have an updated soon.. I have done some work nothing spectaculor though lol

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Cool. An update's an update, no less.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

I love the progress your making and I'm glad your wife is ok. I made a 2min photo in CS3 hope you like it. Its based off running your man cave with a nuclear reactor.

Check out the news article here. Its a good read and is very interesting. Good luck and god speed.
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.