Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere to grind.....

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Somewhere to grind.....

lol
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

ok all finally an update

as you can se here there was nothing to attach the walls two for about 2 feet so i added a 2x4 i planed down to give me something to screw it too.

I used this to attach it to the building so i could put bolts through on the other side ant i wouldnt keep falling down and be cock eyed it worked amazingly i dont know how well it would hold under stress but it held up great . for my needs .

im kind of jumping all over the place i got all of it insulated and i cut my time down by over half i cut a peice of paneling down to the size i needed in the walls .

A peice of 1\4 to cut the recessed parts in between i finished in about an hour that was taking forever only wish i had thought of this long ago.

This is how im going to do the braces for the back wall.

I was going to dot he sides the same way but they neeeded extra bracing i thoguht running the wood this way would help more plus it is a lot longer than any 1x4 s i have .

This was a christmas present form my ife that helped me a lot

I used this tool to drive the screws in throught he oak and into the metal i used drywall screws made to go into metal studs that selfdrill

What keeps me going and my sugar from bottoming out i tend to work non stop when im working on something and for get to eat .

i took some scrap paneling fom the celing and finished the front wall it will have pegboard over it anyway
    so it didnt have to be perfect .

Since those boards are 10 to 12 feet oak they eould be pretty hard to hold up and put a screw in at the same time so i would put a couple in spaced out close to where i needed them then rest the boards on the

this is what i ended up with .

then i did some work outside on a couple of spots i was tempted to try to get the old taillights from the bed working but were in bad shape i didnt really have the money for new ones .

first i cut some patches from crap sheetmetal .

Then i used some more of the griplock stuff.

then i went with the window flashing .

after some of the roof patch tar like stuff i but the reinforcement mesh and more tar

i did that on all the sides that needed it .
    all comments welcome .hoprfully i am making ground if noting happens iwill start onthe walls and floor soon.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

This thing is really coming along! I love that Loctite Powergrab glue, excellent stuff. Puts Liquid Nails to shame.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    This thing is really coming along! I love that Loctite Powergrab glue, excellent stuff. Puts Liquid Nails to shame.
    you said it man that stuff is amazing when i put that 2x4 i held it for how long it said and i was like yeah i will be lucky to get off the ladder before it hits my head but it was there to stay .

Dude, this is going to be one kick-ass man-shack!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Dude, this is going to be one kick-ass man-shack!
    Thanks man i really appreciate it i hope i can start bringing it together soon thanks again jdbnsn for the reply and the Banner .

Just stumbled on this today, simply awesome. Wish I had somewhere to put a container to do this in. I live in a trailer court tho so..... no room and no way the landlord would allow it. Great ideas tho. +rep for recycling, reusing and making do with what ya got . I'm still so jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

wow this thread rocks!! makes me want to start building a simple shed that I could use. but I really REALLY want to build an actual shop, with a pit for some mechanikin. that would be sweet. alas, money restraints. I dig the old box truck idea, would be sweet to make a mobile modshop/mancave! I used to deliver furniture and when we would go on 4+ hour road trips I always wanted to bring a generator or ac converter and set up a tv / fridge in the back of our del. truck! + rep for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Just stumbled on this today, simply awesome. Wish I had somewhere to put a container to do this in. I live in a trailer court tho so..... no room and no way the landlord would allow it. Great ideas tho. +rep for recycling, reusing and making do with what ya got . I'm still so jealous.
    Hey thanks i been there man sucks he wont let you do that if its in better shape than mine lol they look ok like a storage shed to me hopefully soon you can get one yeah i wanted a shop and still do thats going to cost about $4000 and that will be a while like you said you sue what ya got .

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    wow this thread rocks!! makes me want to start building a simple shed that I could use. but I really REALLY want to build an actual shop, with a pit for some mechanikin. that would be sweet. alas, money restraints. I dig the old box truck idea, would be sweet to make a mobile modshop/mancave! I used to deliver furniture and when we would go on 4+ hour road trips I always wanted to bring a generator or ac converter and set up a tv / fridge in the back of our del. truck! + rep for sure!
    yeah i hear you about wanting a shop me too lol money is also realy tight here too Im afraid when it was brought here that was the last trip for it lol
    thats a cool idea about the bring a generator or ac converter and set up a tv / fridge in the back of our del. truck that would be sweet