Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere to grind.....

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Re: Somewhere to grind.....

This is a small updte but an update none the less with me being laidoff this comin week i should have some time to work on Man cave 2.0 even if i dont have the money lol

Here is some pegboard my father-in-Law donated to the project its is really
    appreciated I will probably only be doing the pegboard on the front and back
    walls .
    With me anyway i find that i just pile stuff on top of stuff and cant find it anyway .

I cut these 1x2s into 10 inch strips to hold the pegboard away from the wall so i could use it

Then i screwed it to the wall

then i attach the pegboard to the 1x2 strips .

Here it is all hung up the roof of the right side is warped some thats why there is a gap there i can massage it some and make it fit a litle closer but i will put trim anyway just dont see the need really lol i have bigger things ahead i hope anyway .

Here is how i plan on doing the walls i had some scrap thought i would see how it looks i will paint the particleboard. I mean it is 7\16 think and its only $5.70 right now i csnt find anything that strong for that price . I hope to have
    a more substancal update soon i if nothing happens .

I want to thank you guys for all the support and comments it really keeps me motivated . Btw all sugesstions and tips welcomed and appreciated

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

this things lookin sweet, nice job

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    this things lookin sweet, nice job
    Thanks man i hope it turns out nice that jetski Mod you did now that was
    Sweeet!!!!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

thanks

it was my first time working with fiberglass on a rather large scale, so there was a lot of learnin goin on. I migh be splitting the hull this winter (soon hopefully) so we can make a mold then start poppin out new lightweight carbon and carbon/kevlar hulls

That would be awesome Carbon fiber rocks .Hope to have an update soon lol it was so cold i couldnt take many pictures the other night cold for here anyway after about 2 pictures the batteries would get cold i guess could go back in the house for about 30 minutes and they would work again update soon i hope if nothing happens

Well here i am with another small to medium update since i learned yesterday that i am getting another week off lol .
    Lucky me but i know its tough everywhere and i can work on the Man Cave 2.0 and some projects on the house . Also im blessed i can draw unemployment and the wife is still getting 40 enough about real life though .
    Sorry i do this from time to time i ramble a bit but its helps to vent some i beleive .

On with the update

Here i finished the back wall running the 1x4's to attach the wall too .

Here i added plastic as a vapor barrier I do have a question i thought about because of moisture and there being real high humidty here i thought i might should use tar paper as a vapor barrier instead of plastic any opinions or suggestions.

Here i added particleboard to the bottom which is what the walls will be i will paint them the Man Cave will have a theme of sorts .

Here s the pegboard installed i put the paricle board up first to have some thing to rest the pegboard on i left a gap at the top because i have somethign to add to that later .

When i added the horizontal bracing in oak i beleive it will be plenty just in case i want to add a cabinet or something i want to add some supports this is how it was .

i cut these 1x4's for support to add some strength and palces to hang things .
    I know that probably over board i put like what seemed like 200 screws in last night lol , but i figure better to be safe than sorry .

the right side i only went halfway down but i think i may go all the way to the floor i wont hang anything that low for sure but thought i might as well any thoughts i can get the wood free or really cheap any suggstion ?

Also i mentioned last update about massaging things into palce this the tool for that lol. Hope you all enjoy remeber all your support is part of what keeps me going along with my wife . Any and all suggestions tips and recommendations appreciated hope to have another update soon if nothing happens
    Last edited by Liquid_Scope_99; 01-26-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: for spelling

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Do your me wifes know about each other? "Hope you all enjoy remeber all your support is part of what keeps me going along with my wifes ."
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

lol +rep i need an editor

Hello all here with another small update i have been working the past three Weeks but i will probably be off next week Here goes , Also those 1x4 supports i put between the oak i added more all the way to the floor didnt get any pics .

Here i added plastic down the wall for a vapor barrier .

here is a couple of pictures as i added the osb it went up easier that i thought

here are a great deal i found on 1 1/4 square drive deck screws i found at my favorite modding / hanyman store they have Isles and Isles of all kind of fasteners i gave $ 10 for a five pound bucket of those screws
    Sorry for the very blury picture guys i am tring to work on that stuff as well .

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Another update!!!

+rep
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.