Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere to grind.....

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Default Re: Somewhere to grind.....

everything is going good i got all the panels back and put back on. Everythign is up and going. All I got left is detail work and then I got a few other ones I am working on. Here soon when the man cave is done i will have to take a trip out there and bring the beer to officially dub it mancave. But honestly this is awesome and much better than the mancaves of old. This is more like mancave 2.0

I want one.. Are you going to have heating for the winter time, and a full bar, and a slurpee machine.. I would .. I wish I had a wicked freight box like that to keep my stuff in.. good work..

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

@ BerticusPryme glad to hear mods are going well i want to start a case mod soon if nothing happens man cave 2.0 sounds cool lol hopefully want be long .
    thanks for the support it really helps keep me going all i was wanting to work on it all day today and it rained all day and needed to work on caulking so that will have to wait

@ShockTheBox thanks for compliment i would like a heater like this for right now
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...50C&lpage=none
    we have a couple where i work there kinda scary but work great probablu not enough room lol but there cool like a jet enginge lol
    or probably will go with this one if nothing happens
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...415&lpage=none
    you can get really nice a little bigge than mine for about 1500
    i have saw semi trailers that are like 8X48 for $1200
    that small width will get old though the bar maybe i dont drink alot only ocasinally the slurpee machine which would be cool i have diabetes is a big no no for me also why i cant drink much lol . but would be nice

a small update hope to do more tommorrow if nothing happens mother nature
    has been causing problems as of late

Thanks to my wife for an christmas present lol she got tired of seeing me try to carry all that stuff in my hands and leaving a trail behind me .

+ rep to the first one to guess what the order of the day was .

I was getting water seeping from under the 2x4 at least that is what i think was happening so i went heavy on caulk

then i put this waterproof tape over the caulk after i had time to set some .

i put this angle flasing on top of the waterproof membrane and caulked between it and the membrane

the tool of choice or Convenience

Where i am now

used the membrane over the decking joints to help seal them

vapor barrier to gon on before siding
    thats all for today thats a start

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

That should take care of your seepage!

As some wordsmith on here said, "It's not overkill unless something dies from it." (If anyone reading this knows who wrote that originally, please let me know, I need to thank them. )
    ________
    Honda VF1000 history
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 03:34 PM.

"It's not overkill unless something dies from it." hey thanks a lot that perfectly explains a lot of what i do i will have to tell my wife that one
    Yeah it was a little overboard but you know that saying +rep for the quote sweet

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

yes the joys of living in an area wher mother nature thinks that the humidity must be no lower than 80%. Thank you alabama good call on the moisture barrier and sealing it is really coming along quite nicely.

Smile Re: Somewhere to grind.....

LoL i couldnt have said it better myself after a pretty productive day yesterday i was pretty phsyked to work on somewhere to grind .
    Also codenmaed : Man cave 2.0 I even went at about 7:30 pm to lowes of course in the rain to get supplies to work on it today .
    I was planning on getting up real early and getting started and a few thing happened.
    1. My wife woke me up at like 5:30 am when she was getting ready to leave for work and could bareley talk and said she couldnt breath ,her chest was hurting ,and her arm was hurting and she was wezzing awful .

Seeing as how i lost my dad 10yrs ago to an unexpected heartattck i freaked
    Needless to say we made it to the hospital very quickly on the way for a min
    she wasnt moving or talking ,and wouldnt respond to me .
    That was probably one of the worst few min of my life in a while .
    Well thankfully and hopefully when we got to the hospital
    they did a ekg ,a chest xray , the normal stuff well thank goodness the doctor said it was Asmatic bronchitis dont get me wronf thats better tha na heart problem to me .
    They gave her a breathing treatment and she was doing much better very soon .The doctor gave her like 3 meds and she seems to be feeling better .

I am very thankful and feel were very bleesed even with my work situation
    right now ,I know a lot of us will or are felling the pinch thats what i love about this community i love the modding worklogs ,that everyone seems to enjoy my attempt at a worklog .
    I can come on here and thing off my chest lol on a lighter note .

After we ate breakfast on the way home .

My wife suggested i work on the shed she too kthe cough medicine the doc gave her and was sawing logs like 5mins later lol .

2 . i covered the stuff up wwith plastic when i ogt home last night to my suprise it was dry this morning . Well of course as Bert put it so well mother nature did not play nice today the thing i planned to do were for outside .

It was suppose to be dry today and cold well it was raining and cold .
    I couldnt work in the rain on that stuff plus hanling 4x8 anything in high winds is always good times lol. So i moved everything in that would have got wet .

3 well that left me like no room inside to work on anything i had a little insulation from a project were doing in the house left so iwas going to put that on the wall where the doors are of course i came up short .
    I didnt want to open another pack and come up short in the house .

4. So i had a can of foam insulaton in the house i said i wll just use that do some touchups.
    Wait till next weekend to do what i was going to do today wont take long
    just needs to be dry well i put the straw thing on the insulation and pressed it nothing happned pressed again it snapped off at the can lol i thought ok
    so i tried holding it on to use what i coulf wish you could have all seen that lol mess.

5. i said well with the wife sick im just gonna call it a day mother nature was on the scene anyway will do it next week if nothing happens right im sure we have all been there just step back and reavluate the situation .
    6. So being what a good husband i think i am since my wife was sick she even made lunch .
    I did the laundary ,and folded finsihed the dishes ,swept ,vacumed ,but up the clothes after folding them just did the house work for today the kicker is lol right about when it was to late for me to start my outside work lol the sun comes out and stay out the rest of the day lol .

Well after the way my day started i still feel blessed ...........Hope to have a real update soon thanks for letteing me tell about my day just neeeded to get that out lol . hopefully if budget and mother nature permits i will have an update pretty soon if noting happens .That was just a peek at the man behind the mod so to speak . lol reading me bable what a joy .

Glad your wife is okay. Great progress on Man Cave 2.0. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Maybe an unusually fast, mentally-impaired turtle with a boot warmer tucked into his shell...but not a normal one.

Glad your wife is okay. Great progress on Man Cave 2.0. Can't wait to it finished
    Thanks for the thoughts me too nd me too