Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why would you buy an IPod?

Default Re: Why would you buy an IPod?

Well whaty'a know, it does blend!

Water Cooled

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    if you ignore the iDouche culture, you have to admit they're pretty solid mp3 players. And if you don't want to look like an iDouche, just buy a new set of headphones, they'll be better anyways. Avoiding "shock absorbing" cases, white headphones, and those crappy "leather" cases will pretty much keep you out of the iDouche demographic.

I really don't think that derogatory comments like this are necessary in this discussion. Most people here have been pretty constructive in their criticism and limited themselves to personal opinions and anecdotal information. Insults have no place here.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

^ +Rep

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

well one good thing about buying a ipod is the warrenty cover and how they deal with repairs.

its a long and silly process but in the end a guy from ups comes and collects it by the end of the month you have it back. i experianced this when i gave mine to my sister to have and she broke the hard drive and the hold button on the damn thing. sent it to ipod and it was unrepairable so i got a new one for free no p+p charges either.

hehe the upgrades on some are lovable in the past i considerd repairing the ipod myself and found hard drives for sale compatable with the ipod (60/80) video to have hard drive space upto 160gb bring on the good times of one of the largest mp3s out

cons of ipod is the silly click noise it makes. drives me mad. so that went.
    No "now playing list" altho there is a "on the go" playlist what sucks because im playing a song. and goto the one what i want next add to on the go. oh woops i didnt play the playlist >

using itunes is horrorid, i dont like to use it. and i dont like to use it more when there is a ipod in the mix. mainly because i dont like to use the sync feature. to get round that i use media monkey or some other media tools what can understand ipods and then use a drag, drop and delete methord.
    also with some of these programs they will show the music part of the ipod so you can use it like a normal mp3 in windows
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

i acctually concidered getting one, i might still do, if nothing else but for the car, just need an ipod compatable head unit first,

edit:

bloddy hell the prices have dropped siknce i last looked:
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryrn_79867

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

I am now a proud owner of an ipod Touch 8gb. I've only used it for about 2 hours tops so far, and I have to say that I'm completely sold on the device. I got it in trade for an Xbox360 and 5 games.. the 360 I got for free because it was broken, and fixed it, and most of the games were gifts, so I essentially got the ipod for almost free.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

know anyone else with a cheap 360 for sale?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I'd get the iPod Touch.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I hate making tons of playlists. So here's what I did.

Playlist problem solved. Everything goes in General. I have an 8GB iPhone 3G. Would only trade it for an iPhone 3GS.