Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New GUI Setup

Default Re: My New GUI Setup

yes i will.. sorry for the huge delay... ive been busy with quite a bit of cleaning and other such things..
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Looks kinda like OSX....

BTW: Am pretty sure it is illegal to do this, I know a few guys tried to release a stripped down version of vista as a 'plugin' for free on the net awhile back, and they got sued by microbutt.

It's definitely illegal to release licensed material for free, but it's not illegal to "clean" and "tweak" it.

I don't care anyways, I'm "certified" to do it.
    RIP Bucko

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Hes not going to release any licensed software, or give us any microsoft code. I'm pretty sure these are all add-on programs and plugins.

-Indybird

it is a breach of the eula to strip windows, and the select person that got sued bcasue he was selling his services to strip windows, but he was providing his own copy of windows which was illegal,

if microsoft really cared that much nlite would have been shut down a LONG time ago,

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

i would not realse any micro**** code... for the simple fact that yes i would prolly get sued.. and as a second notion.. im a selfish lil bastard and im not givin up my custom work... all the addons r legit.... such things like object dock allow you to do this... so dont worry.. you wont get your hands on my stuff.. just what you need...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIMAERA View Post
    so dont worry.. you wont get your hands on my stuff.. just what you need...
    Wait what?

-Indybird

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    if microsoft really cared that much nlite would have been shut down a LONG time ago
    Not really, nLite and vLite were aimed at administrators with a very large amount of computers who wanted an unattended installation that can be fully customisable. It still requires you to have your windows CD/DVD, and you still have to activate the OS with your own license key. No changes have been made to the activation and licensing software.

I'm not sure, but I think the mstheme patch is illegal, but it is an option in the nLite and vLite programs, as a company might want a custom theme without going to Microsoft or Stardock.

It alows removal of un-needed drivers and services, and allows complete customisation, so that all the network settings can be configured at installation, including slipstreaming of programs and service packs.

Sure, you can ghost the hard-disk, but what if you have several different models of PC's, where some were upgraded and some were not. It's easier to have one disk for all than two or three. And the nLite/vLite media can be very easily changed after initial creation.

nLite is a brilliant program. I have used it to create a cut down version of XP professional in the past. I have the key and everything to it was legal. Ran great on an old fujitsu laptop (800MHz Pentium 3, 64MB RAM). But I then decided to use it in my server. Not a complete server, just basic stuff like file storage and an FTP server.

The vLite program works well with Vista, I had a Vista Ultimate 30 day trial running on 512MB of RAM and a 1.8GHz Pentium 4. 32MB graphics card (onboard), didnt get aero, but my mum wanted a machine so she could browse the internet and recieve emails. She also wanted the search features of Vista, and generally prefered it to XP. I know XP probably would have ran better on it, but she wanted Vista, so Vista is what she got.

I'm off to bed after this long rambling over nothing XD
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

If you want to mod out you copy of windows go to www.wincustomize.com. The site is managed by Stardock who have made all the utilities like object dock which CHIMAERA referred to before. All you need to do is create an account and you can start downloading skins, cursors, log ins, loading screens, icons the LOT. I have downloaded 400MB of stuff in just over a year lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

All I really want to know is how you got your whole start-bar like that. I'd like to have the little open window icons and separated start button.

Thanks,
    Indybird