Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty 5 !!!

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default Call Of Duty 5 !!!

well after a bit of a flop with cod 4 i have heard call of duty 5 is coming out around december... should be about 110 bucks for the collectors addition...
    anyone got any info on cod5?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Default Re: Call Of Duty 5 !!!

Heck yea I've got info! It's going back to WWII, which is a good thing imo even though I enjoyed cod4 for a time.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I am in the closed multiplayer beta for it on 360.
    Need a sig

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR View Post
    well after a bit of a flop with cod 4...
    anyone got any info on cod5?
    COD4 was no flop. COD3 was the flop.

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

The cod games have been getting worse and worse since they started to make them, everyone says the list goes cod1>cod2>cod4, but ive never played cod1, only 2 and 4, but everyone (well, everyone at cybergamer) says that cod5 will be cod4 with aim, which I am starting to agree with. Cod5 will be bad, cod6 will most likely follow suit, and then everyone one will be looking for a new game to play, which will hopefully bring back cod2 *crosses fingers*

Theres my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Call of Duty 5 is being created by the same studio that made Call of Duty 3. There are two seperate studios that have worked on the call of duty franchise. But the general consensus seems to be that COD 3 was a flop of a game and the studio that put that game out (Treyarch) puts out lack luster call of duty games. COD 4 on the other hand was a much more "original" entry in the series. COD4 was more original because it was handed off to a different studio (Infinity Ward). For whatever reason the publisher of the COD series (Activision) seems to be bouncing back and forth between the two studios to get a yearly game release so that they can milk the franchise. The effect this has is that there will be no logical "flow" between the series. That's why COD3 was lackluster, and COD4 was a hit. That's why COD 5 will probably not be to hot, but COD 6 will. (From what i hear Infinity Ward gets COD 6). I think its really stupid that they are going back to world war II, They saw that it was a huge hit to move the series away from that genre and now they are just going to put out a crappy game.

Doesn't matter though, The people who don't know any better will still buy the game because they will remember how much fun they had playing COD 4

In short, If you liked COD 3 you'll probably like COD 5 as it's being made by the same guys. IF you liked CoD 4 however, odds are COD 5 will be a game you can skip and not feel bad about missing.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Official Wallabies Supporter Pointy_Stick's Avatar

Wow, much bashing of Treyarch in here (COD 3 studio). Let me present my view...

COD 3 was never bad. It just wasn't up to the level of COD1/2. Had that exact same game been released under another title, while it may not have set the world on fire, it would certainly not have copped quite the same amount of flack as it did. It was simply an average game in an exemplary series and I think that tended to skew people's perceptions of it.

The other thing is that COD3 had a rushed production. It was developed in 8 months whereas COD5 has 2 years. This will make a huge difference to the overall quality of the game. In this time they will have been better able to take on the extended play testing and QA session feedback and tweak the gameplay.

And finally, don't knock it till you've tried it. COD3 may not have been too crash hot, but this isn't COD3 where talking about. If you were Treyarch, wouldn't you try to take on what was said about COD3 and make sure your new game rectified those problems?
    The reaction COD3 got is not something I imagine a developer wishes to experience twice.

So to sum up, COD5 may turn out not be on the same level as COD4 or COD2 but that doesn't mean the game won't be fun on it's own merits. Don't judge a game based on just the people developing it. Try it out and actually play it before you decide you hate it. You might just be pleasantly surprised.
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3152/siguf0.jpg

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointy_Stick View Post
    Wow, much bashing of Treyarch in here (COD 3 studio). Let me present my view...

COD 3 was never bad. It just wasn't up to the level of COD1/2. Had that exact same game been released under another title, while it may not have set the world on fire, it would certainly not have copped quite the same amount of flack as it did. It was simply an average game in an exemplary series and I think that tended to skew people's perceptions of it.

The other thing is that COD3 had a rushed production. It was developed in 8 months whereas COD5 has 2 years. This will make a huge difference to the overall quality of the game. In this time they will have been better able to take on the extended play testing and QA session feedback and tweak the gameplay.

And finally, don't knock it till you've tried it. COD3 may not have been too crash hot, but this isn't COD3 where talking about. If you were Treyarch, wouldn't you try to take on what was said about COD3 and make sure your new game rectified those problems?
    The reaction COD3 got is not something I imagine a developer wishes to experience twice.

So to sum up, COD5 may turn out not be on the same level as COD4 or COD2 but that doesn't mean the game won't be fun on it's own merits. Don't judge a game based on just the people developing it. Try it out and actually play it before you decide you hate it. You might just be pleasantly surprised.
    Sorry lol, Didn't mean to come off so negative. I don't mean to say i would never TRY call of duty five, just recalling what i have read around the internets. I personally don't own any of the games as i'm just not a huge fan of WWII shooters, but if someone came to me and said "hey you GOTTA play this w/ me its fun", I would def give it a fair shot.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Official Wallabies Supporter Pointy_Stick's Avatar

My post wasn't directed at just you. Whenever COD5 gets a mention anywhere, usually gaming sites, there's always some wag who pipes up with the usual "z0mg COD4 was t3h win!!1 y dey go back to wwII dey suck!1!" crap. My post was mostly a retaliation to that sort of nonsense.

And I must agree, when I first heard Treyarch was handling COD5 I was somewhat dissappointed too. Now though, while I'm certainly not as hyped for it as I am for say, Far Cry 2 (), I'm being cautiously optimistic about it.
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3152/siguf0.jpg