Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty 5 !!!

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Default Re: Call Of Duty 5 !!!

I've never played far cry. Does far cry 2 run the same game engine as crysis? I love destructible environments. I honestly can't think of any shooters that I'm super excited about. (Except bioshock 2 but thats gonna be a while.)
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Nope, different engine (different developers). Crytek (crysis) and Ubisoft (far cry2).

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeticorn View Post
    Nope, different engine (different developers). Crytek (crysis) and Ubisoft (far cry2).
    Oh... I thought they were the same guys. Damn lol.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

Nice thoughts there guys (thats not sarcastic btw) I just really think that cod5 will be bad. The studio doesnt really have a very good track record (not putting them down... much ) but i am in favour of the change back to ww2. Although people say that cod4 was the best game ever, it really wasnt. Call of duty 1 and 2 were by far the best out of the cod series (and will most likely stay there imo)

The thing with cod4 is that it was terrible. The game was extensively modified by gamers around the world for it to be a bit more competitive (there are 3 'promod' versions in aus) what IW/treyarch nned to do is spend a GOOD amount of time developing a better, more engrosing game. I mean, id love it if IW went back to ww2 and made a really great cross between cod1/2 with some new features, but I really dont think that gonna happen.

Discuss more.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

Overclocked

COD 5 is coming out on the 14th Nov 2009. I should know, that's the date of the LAN I'm going to.
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0

If you preorder from game stop you get into the MP beta and a lvl 64 weopon on lvl 1 on release day.

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

thought is was coming out this year
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Good news!! COD5 demo is out (beta)!! I'm downloading right now

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMD Killa View Post
    COD 5 is coming out on the 14th Nov 2009. I should know, that's the date of the LAN I'm going to.
    Actually it is being released on the 11th November 2008 in the USA and Europe.

I have played the BETA for PC and my views are meh, so what.

I think the series went downhill after they started making the game with console in mind and PC as an afterthought (CoD3 for example). CoD3 was the low point of the series, it was a really bad move for them to only release it on the PS3 and 360.

CoD4 brought the series back up to scratch and restored some of their lost respect but really wasn't what people were looking for. The CoD series (to me) Is about re-living historic (and sometimes forgotten) battles from WWI and WWII, not modern/ slightly advanced battles against terrorists. I never got into CoD4 (IMO the dedicated knife key is as bad as hacks). If I get it it will be for the single player aspect purely.

The biggest downer for me about CoD5 is that they once again made it for console and did a crap port to PC. As soon as you fire it up you can tell it has been ported. The graphics are very poor. Grainy effects and lack of detail dominate. I car run this maxed out (including AF and AA) with a forced res of 1600x1200 with the game never running lower than 65-70fps. The gameplay aspect is fine I think but once again they are using the dedicated knife (hack) button.

CoD fan boys will love this game (because they are fan boys). The game is pretty much CoD4 re-skinned with WWII attire and then ported to consoles. If you look at it from a neutral ground like me you can see that it's nothing too exciting. I am really disappointed that they decided to design it for console first and PC second.

I will be really surprised if they decide to make a CoD6, IMO they have milked this genre dry. A once great series has been tarnished by the PS3tards and the Xbox 3sh**ers lol (no offence to those playing ont eh PS3 or the 360).
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Its some WWII thing, I don't know about it. Although I heard the graphics on it will be worse than CoD4....?