Thread: Antec Twelve Hundred? Good case to mod?

Fresh Paint

Default Antec Twelve Hundred? Good case to mod?

Yay second post Well, I'm gonna be starting up my mod here and this will be my frist one but I want to make it really good and still looking for a moddable case. I was looking at the Antec Twelve Hundred and its got the size I want and the cool front mesh grills taht I can easily take out. The window I can't stand but I'm sure I can cut that out and put in a full plexiglass window. Anyways would that be a good case to mod? Its got 20% off on Newegg till Oct 20, so i gotta act fast If i'm going to get that one, Thanks

BTW: I want to eventually water cool it

Xcartguy
    No witty signature yet....

Default Re: Antec Twelve Hundred? Good case to mod?

I just got one, and sweet Jesus, it's nice. It's all steel aside from some of the trim, it's got more than enough ventilation already... I agree with you, the window's about the only thing I don't like.

The mesh grilles actually screw in. A bit of a pain at first, but it's not like you'll be swapping them out constantly. I'd buy some thumbscrews for the expansion card slots, though.

The motherboard tray isn't removable. If this is a problem, you could probably do something about it with a jigsaw - but it was fine for me. I suggest you drill some more holes in it to aid with cable management, especially if you don't have a modular power supply.

And yes, please do get it. I paid $132 shipped for mine and regret nothing; anywhere under $150's a good price for it. The free shipping really sealed the deal, though - it weighs 32 pounds empty and over 38 pounds gross (including the packaging).

To sum it up: if you're up to cutting steel, then cutting more steel, and you don't need a toolless case or one that's extended-ATX capable, this one's ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Too tall, too ugly looking from the front and top and just way too big for me. The 900 is a good case (I have one) but this to me is a step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Fresh Paint

Yea, I think I will get it. I like that its big, and the mobo tray being non removeable isn't a big deal. I got a mach 1 psu on its way, which is modular. I was leaning more towards the armor LCS case, but I think i'm gonna do a custom WC someday when I have more money, and I don't know about those flaps. I have a door on the case I have now, and its sooo annoying. For the mod, I might being doing either a vampire mod, or a EQ2/neriak/dark elf type mod, for anyone that plays that game. Yea, i'm a mmorpg nerd Thanks for the reply's!

Xcartguy

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I've got the regular armor case, non-LCS, love it

Quote Originally Posted by Xcartguy View Post
    I have a door on the case I have now, and its sooo annoying. For the mod, I might being doing either a vampire mod, or a EQ2/neriak/dark elf type mod, for anyone that plays that game.
    You won't regret it. I hear you on the door - the Aluminus that houses my P4 system has a door on it, and though it looks damn good, it gets a bit irritating having to constantly open and close it to turn the computer on and off... good thing I don't use the front USB or the combo drive that often.

Looking forward to this mod you speak of. Should be very nice indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...