Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Station

Default Re: Nursing Station

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    ....w/pIII 500Ghz ......

HOW MUCH YOU WANT, i give you £5million!

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Painting the body and screen tomorrow and redoing the blue on the mouse. Keyboard Blue upper half silver underside.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    HOW MUCH YOU WANT, i give you £5million!
    SOLD!

now up for grabs...P1, not sure of speed, has heatsink w/fan so its gotta bea a screamer! bidding starts @ $1.5 million!

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

looking good nice start

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    SOLD!

now up for grabs...P1, not sure of speed, has heatsink w/fan so its gotta bea a screamer! bidding starts @ $1.5 million!
    I will start the bidding for mine at only $1 million!
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Nursing Station is nearly finished. Took apart the case and keyboard today and painted them and repainted the mouse. I'm no Van Gogh!

The machine on my desk fully functioning and ready to be spruced up:

And the painted items drying in the kitchen - sorry there is not much detail between these stages but a) I'm knackered and b) most of you, IMHO, know how to use a screwdriver :

In the picture above you can see how I paint CD/DVD drives: eject the drive, turn it off, slip out the front panel, mask up around the tray with paper and tape, leaving the front panel a little lower than the front of the drawer so I can paint the lot without taking the thing to pieces completely.

Below is the power button. I'm actually much more interested in the photograph in the newspaper it is standing on ... I buy newspapers not to read but to paint on and clean windows .. that story I must read now.

As I mentioned this is a machine being donated to a student nurse. It's a Pentium III 733MHz with 512MB RAM, 40Gig HDD and 128M ATi ALL-IN-WONDER graphics card and Creative Soundblaster soundcard in her.

Using Nlite I slipstreamed service pack 4 into my SP3 version of win 2K, then cut windows down to the bone - reducing the iso from over 330MB to under 220MB and also set it up for a unattended install which which worked like clockwork.

Nice little pentium III giving it burn in trials yesterday it's quite happy to watch fullscreen DVD's - plays great, fullscreen Youtube video's, webrowsing and office applications all installed along with some special medical applications I had around and an antivirus (Antivir) and firewall (ZoneAlarm).

Tomorrow I reconstruct the case, keyboard and mouse, re-install all the hardware inside and spray the eject button on the DVD drive.

Pictures will be forthcoming

I'll try and snap one of the recipient for Jon

CrazyB
    Last edited by Crazy Buddhist; 10-25-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: bCoS iCan

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

love the color, looks great

Can't rebuild the Nursing Station yet as the paint is not set. It's gone off enough that I can handle the pieces gently so ... Here's a taster, a mock up:

And something I'm almost ashamed to reveal.

................honestly.
    ....................................Oh helll why not.
    CrazyB in person

Well I'm posting from nursing station. A video I took from my fuji finepix camera that auto installed is currently uploading to youtube in another tab. Will add it to this post as an edit. The front is being resprayed by a professional car sprayer tomorrow as I made a complate balls up of it.

The vid is of a DVD playing on my 20" Dell monior fullscreen on nursing station. It's a black and white movie and also I captured the newly refurbished machine. Only the new front and the keyboard to rebuild.

CrazyB

Done! One blue and grey gloss PIII ready for a new home and a new life

CrazyB

ps Mods .. Jon .. This thread can be moved now ... completed mods? Thx.

pps Yes the pics are taken with the PC on my bed ... currently living in my living room/bedroom/workshop. I'll spare you the pictures of the chaos which surrounds me lol