2 5.00%
  • Intel

2 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motherboard manufacturer?

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Default Motherboard manufacturer?

Just curious to know what everyone preferred make of motherboard/computer components is? Not sure if this one's been done before, but.. i build a lot of custom computers, and i always build around ASUS board, and have never had an issue.

Default Re: Motherboard manufacturer?

I guess I'm hardcore ASUS, as they have touched my heart many times.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Usually, it's ASUS for me.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I've used Asus before a lot. But out of budget reasons I used a Biostar in my current build and only have had 1 issue so far. The onboard sound doesn't like to work but I had a sound card to throw in that was better anyway.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Asus is nice when you have a good chunk of cash to spend, but I like Gigabyte because they are the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Sort of like Crazy PC Enthusiast vs Average Techie?

Asus makes some pretty good quality stuff though. My Asus PG221H monitor is simply amazing! Some of their Eee's are very nice too, like the 1002HA or the S101's. Their N10 series are just flat out freaking sweet for a Netbook. nVidia 9300M GS dedicated garphics, 2GB memory, Wireless N, Express Card, HDMI and 6.5 listed battery life? AWESOME. Kind of pricey though for an Atom based unit.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Msi!
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Second the MSI vote, I love mine, and loved the one before it also.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I've got an intel board in my current rig, you forgot to put them on the poll

Cough cough! Leadtek in this machine, EPoX in the A. Got an Abit board in the P4, but that's not exactly being used to its full potential anymore. My old A was an old-school Biostar, but I can't recommend those older boards.

Based on what I've run/worked on in the past, I'd say Asus overall, but Abit for Socket A on up. Shuttle deserves an honorable mention, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Gigabyte is usually my first choice, Asus my second if I want a performance PC.

Intel built boards all the way for ultimate stability (but absolutely no tweakability). I have three of them and have never had a single issue, plus I typically use them when fixing friend's PCs have yet to have a single stability issue.

Back in the day I only used Soyo (built 5 PCs with Soyo boards, were very descent boards), and occasionally MSI boards. Then the Soyo dropped out of the market. The MSI boards started getting domed/leaky capacitors so I stopped using them. In the way old days (back in the Super Socket 7 days with AMD K6-2s) we used to have FIC boards, they've seemed to have disappeared from the consumer market.