Thread: My First Case Mod

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default My First Case Mod

My adventures in PC Modding began in Dec of 2001 when I had a Emachine with a 1.7GHz Celeron, 256MB of RAM running XP. It didn't even have an AGP slot to upgrade the video. The rear exhaust fan stopped working and I knew nothing about computers and how to fix it. I called Best Buy and Geek Squad quoted me $35 to replace it. That seemed crazy to me because I had looked at it and knew there was only 4 screws and one wire connecting it to the board. I just had to find a way to do it myself. I searched for PC repair and discovered PC Modding. I've been hooked ever since.

My first Mod was that case. I tried cutting a window in the case with a manual nibbler, but failed miserably. I had to throw away the side panel and I replaced it with a piece of plexi.

That was then and this is now. I still have that computer and I haven't modded it since, but I have upgraded the RAM to 1GB (the max it holds). Until a couple days ago it was the same computer when I realized that this PC no matter how ugly it turned out needs a serious gutting.

I kept the mod as it was for nostalgic sake and pulled everything out. All new components went in:

AMD BE-2300 1.9GHz
    2GB Corsair DDR2-800
    Radeon HD3870 1GB GDDR4
    Soundblaster 7.1
    600 Watt PSU
    80GB hard drive
    Windows Vista Ult
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: My First Case Mod

I think no matter what, I'd always keep my first mod the way it is. But thats just me.
    Nice mod, especially for your first. I doubt my first will be anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephik
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR
    i believe its cake that attracts fat kids... not the other way around
    Yea well you try telling a fat kid that.