Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 360 vs. PS3

Default 360 vs. PS3

OK i know this has been on here before a while back. but now im curious how ppl are thinking on the topic of which one is better. Now both systems have had a good time out and new games are looking good. any oppinions?

Default Re: 360 vs. PS3

I'm still a big fan of the Xbox360, though the PS3 is starting to gain some ground now. To be honest though, I still only know 3 people with a PS3, so I'm probably not the best to judge on that system.

What do I love about the 360? Everything.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

I personally like the PS3 better. But I haven't had much time on a 360 and am not used to the controller. From what I've played on there I'd say it really breaks down to what games you want to play as to which system to buy. I'm a huge fan of most of the PS games but that's because that's what I've played forever. Next system I buy may be a 360 because I do like Halo and some other 360 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    ....the PS3 is starting to gain some ground now....
    by the time PS3 actually becomes popular, we'll provably get the next console from Micro$oft.

I dont think either or is better than the other one. both have great graphics and good features. PS3 does have some titles from series that go back to the 90's PS1. 360 is creating it's own library and most good games come in both flavors. the 360 has been out longer than the PS3 so it's got it share of fans. same thing with the PS3, Sony has had lots of fans since the PS1.

it all boils down to preference. I love my 360 and wouldnt spend my money on a PS3. not because i think it sucks but because i don't feel the need to own both. if you were to gift me a PS3 you bet i'd go out and buy PS3 games.

Overclocked

I think I prefer the looks of the PS3, but for functionality (media centre with windows vista) and the amount of games, the 360 is my choice.

The 360 has a lot of games, as the coding required is similar to windows. It uses a form of DirectX, hence the name Direct(Xbox).

The PS3 might be more powerful on paper with it's cell processor, but programmers havent fully taken advantage of it yet. And for that reason, the xbox 360 will always seem more powerful.

We probably will see the next console from microsoft before the PS3 will be more popular, as DirectX 11 is only just round the corner.

They will probably release it when they release windows 7, as they will try to integrate it as much as possible. I'm also guessing they will include capabilities for home server as well.
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

If I had the money, I would buy a PS3 first.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

I was wondering this also because i would like an blueray player is it good as a movie/media player as well

go PS3, you will not regret it!!!!
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I like the PS3 more because I tend to see it as a blu-ray player that can also play video games. (with a growing list of titles, including quite a few popular titles)

But if your a hardcore gamer, I would go with the Xbox 360. Mainly because if you like to play online against other people, then the 360 online scene is where you would probably want to be. You'll also usually find more 360's at lan parties too.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

PSN is free though, and check out www.ps3fanboy.com.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods