Thread: Gothic Cooler Mod by Filimon

Default Gothic Cooler Mod by Filimon

Filimon, the member who brought us The Steampunk Mouse, and The Stainless Mouse, has given us another custom metal treat.
    Project: Gothic Cooler is an amazing piece of custom fabricated metal to cool your PC. Because Filimon speaks very little English [Could be zero], he lets pictures of his work do the talking for him. I thought it was about time we had some questions answered about how he works, so I took a moment and sat down with Filimon for a one on one interview:

D_Stilgar: Filimon, Where do you get your inspiration for mods? Is there a website, or book, or movie that has had a great impact on your modding?

Filimon: I get inspiration for my mods from movies and pictures by science fiction painters. Such movies as "Terminator", " Stargate" and "Last Exile" impressed me.

D: You do a lot of metal work in your mods. Where did you learn to do that? Did you take a class, is it part of your job, or or you learn as go?

F: I have never attended special courses which are connected somehow with metal processing. It's just a little part of my job.

D: How often in the build did you make a major mistake that required you to do a large section of the mod over again? How do you deal with minor mistakes during the build?

F: I very rarely make mistakes. I always try to think over every step beforehand. As for minor mistakes I correct them during the build.

D: In one of your pictures it shows a disc cutter. Besides a Dremel, what tools do you use to fabricate the pieces?

F: I don't use Dremel in my work. I use professional tools. I've got a turning lathe and a milling machine. I also have an opportunity to use a steel – foundry furnace. Most details for my mods I make with my own hands.

D: The cooler is amazing. Is it ever going to see itself in a completed case of the same theme? The community is on bated breath for this answer.

F: I haven’t got much free time and I make my mods at work that’s why I make only small mods not big ones.

-d_stilgar

Last edited by jdbnsn; 10-31-2008 at 07:13 PM.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri