Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Danny

Default Prayers for Danny

www.myspace.com/evesreflection

A few years back, I met this guitarist on the internet who was looking to start a band. We met up (I was singing at that time and playing rhythm) and immediately hit it off. We ended up not clicking on the music side, but we became good friends. His name is Danny (aka Zakk Halen)

I introduced him to some other musician friends of mine, a drummer and another guitarist, and they sort of rounded out the band themselves. The other guitarist ended up leaving a bit later, so they continued on as a 4 piece.

They are quite talented, and recently won a radio contest here for local bands to get airplay and recording time. They were playing on Halloween night at a local bar when tragedy struck.

Danny was complaining of a headache, but was trying to "power through it" as he said. About half an hour into their set (they were headlining) he suddenly stopped playing, set down his guitar and walked off stage. Now this is the most dedicated musician I have ever known, so this was totally out of character for Danny.

At the end of the song, they went to check on him, and he was not doing well. They took him into the hospital, and a bit later he was rushed into Calgary Foothills hospital by ambulance. I mean RUSHED.

It turns out that he had an aneurysm burst in his head, and he also had a clot pressing against his cerebellum. They were able to relieve the pressure in his head, and remove the clot, but apparently the source of the bleeding cannot be located yet.

He woke up last night, and was somewhat responsive. Wiggling fingers and toes was ok, and he held his wifes hand. He as unable to speak due to the ventilator, and they've got him pretty dosed up right now.

We managed to get there last night and see his wife, so we spent some time at the hospital with them (we werent able to get in to see him, he's really in bad shape still), but we are going back today so hopefully we'll be able to .

In the meantime, the doctors have said that he may never play guitar again, because of the possibility of brain damage from the pressure, the surgery, or complications.

He's an amazingly talented musician (the most dedicated I've ever seen), a husband, and a father to a 3 year old daughter. I'd like to ask you all to please pray for Danny and for his family. The link I posted at the beginning is to their myspace page. Have a listen to their music, they are really great.

I know that if Danny makes it through this but loses his ability to play guitar, that would really destroy him too. Prayers and thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks so much everyone!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Live Long and Modify ContraptionMaker's Avatar

Default Re: Prayers for Danny

Prayers are a powerful thing...It's real easy and there is no charge for prayers...

Let us all bow our heads and ask the Lord to help this young man through this tragic ordeal.

Lord, we ask your blessings today for Danny and his family. He brings joy and happiness to this world through music and song. He is a good provider for his family and a good friend to all. Please see him through this ordeal in the best way you see fit and allow him to continue with the enjoyment he brings to us all.
    Amen
    I Build, Therefor I Am!
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ine=1224642592
    Live today because tomorrow may never come!

Amen

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I'm sitting in the ICU waiting room right now at Foothills hospital, and we've just been told that Danny is awake and aware. He's pretty dosed up right now, but his breathing tube is out, so he's breathing on his own. I'm going to get in to see him shortly, and it's nothing short of a miracle we've been told.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Amen

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Amen

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Best of wishes from My family and I. He will definatly be in our prayers.

I hope he gets better. Tough times all around it seems. He has my thoughts.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I am not a religious man by any means, but it's times like this that I wish I was. I honestly hope your friend recovers from this, both for him and his family.

Best wishes to them all.
    ________
    DUCATI F1
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yeah Amen. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08