Thread: JasJam Docking station

Default JasJam Docking station

After looking at ebay and in stores for a charge/sync docking station for my JasJam, I was suitably apalled to find that I can't get one for less than $30. Now, I know I'm in australia and that it's only about $18US, but the JasJam both charges and connects to the computer through a standard USB to miniUSB connector, and the rest is just plastic that holds the thing upright. I am NOT planning on paying $30 for a piece of plastic, so instead, I'm going to make my own docking station. I started last night, but alas, no pictures until tonight, BUT, some background pics:

My Phone (The IMate JasJam is a VERY small PDA compared to IMate's other products):

Opened (As you can see, there's the one usb input on the bottom, which handles charging, syncing and even sound...probably because the phone's so small):

The overpriced cradle:

Pics tonight.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: JasJam Docking station

Yeah cradles and phone accesories are such a rip. For those who are wondering I-Mate is an aussie brand that for a long while sold rebadged HTC phones and now sells Inventec and TechFaith Wireless (Two giant phone manufactures that employ 1000+ engineers but all there phones get rebadged)
    Need a sig

I was going to say that looks EXACTLY like an HTC 6800 (aka Telus P4000) phone. As a dealer I could get you a killer deal on one if you want to buy, but building your own is always cooler.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I was going to say that looks EXACTLY like an HTC 6800 (aka Telus P4000) phone. As a dealer I could get you a killer deal on one if you want to buy, but building your own is always cooler.
    On a dock? I'd prefer to buy one (as I'm a bit busy and find it annoying to have to build it), however I doubt you can ship anything to Australia for less than AUD$20 including shipping. If you can, shoot it over and i'll gladly pay