Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: PC In Disguise

Overclocked

Default PC In Disguise

Hey guys, this is my first project post (second overall lol). This is my very first true modding project, so don't read this expecting to see an absolute masterpiece at the end. The theme for this first project is Transformers. I'm absolutely in love with Transformers so don't knock it lol. In the next posts, I will include pictures as well as progress reports, so if you have nothing better to do and want to see a closer to reality, none godly, modding project, then come check this thread out every so often.

Best regards,
    purdy (a.k.a. lone_wulf)

Case Wizard

Default Re: Project PC In Disguise

Will your case be able to do actual transformations? Because that would be really cool!

Overclocked

Hey Coyote, no my mod won't be able to actually transform, like I said before this is more of a realistic mod, in other words nothing spectacular. As for your inquiry Aero, the plan is to take a little Aspire X-Qpack sff case and mod it to look like Optimus Prime in the sense of the coloring as well as hopefully putting parts together on the front of the case to make it look like his face. Oh btw, I'm back from The States so once I figure out how to get my own saved pictures from my comp onto this site, I'll be sure to have some new progress reports. Well, I have to get ready for work, so talk to y'all later (I spent too much time down there lol). Chow!

Best regards,
    purdy (a.k.a. lone_wulf)

Overclocked

Here are some pics of what the case currently looks like. Even though I love the window appliquees, the'yre just not enough, which is why I started this mod.

Overclocked

My biggest inspiration for the whole design scheme/colors is this picture of Optimus Prime which is also one of the appliquees; so expect to see lots of red.

Overclocked

Lol I like the small cube, well rectangular, shape it is so I'm going to keep it like that. If you take a look at the picture of Optimus Prime, take a look at the cubes he has for shoulders. That's what I'm basing the design scheme off of. I'm a major nub when it comes to sketches so I might just do some quick concept crap in MSPaint, just to give readers a better understanding of what transformations I have in mind. (No pun intended......What, nvm, pun intended)

Overclocked

Haha, I know all too well who that is. Thank you very much, I probably will need your help some time. BTW everyone, sorry for not having many updates/progress reports, I was cutting a plastic baseball helmet with an old rusty saw (which totally isn't the right tool to use) and, well, you guessed it, the helmet moved and I cut through my thumb; so unfortunately, not much progress has been made. So far! DUN DUN DUN. Lol, I'm out.

Overclocked

BTW, here's that helmet I was talkin about, BEFORE I started cutting it. My next progress report will show what I've done to it in terms of cutting.

As well now my thumb is healed (almost) and I'm using proper equipment .

Overclocked

Wow, I actually cut the helmet. I'm surprised I haven't quit and started something else by now like most people that were reading this thread/log lol. Anyways here are some pics of what I cut.

I plan on cutting and attaching the ear pieces that were cut off back on to the helmet, but I can assure you it will look a little better than this.

I just quit my job, so I should have a little more time before school starts to get some work done. I bought some Plaster Paris stuff to help mould everything together, so once I see if that stuff will do the trick, then we'll go from there. Until then, I'm out.

Overclocked

Well I'm sure lots, if not most of you have started wondering what the hell this case is going to look like by the end of the project. Well here's some real quick concept art on what I hope the case will transform into, except, well.... better. BTW, this concept art isn't for the faint of heart, seeing as though I am an MSPaint pro.

This is what the case currently looks like.

And this is a slightly less realistic concept of what the case should look like after the project is done. For the smoke stacks at the back, I plan on putting a light tube inside of each so then light will come out of the holes. If you notice, there is an elevation change (*look at the sides of the top window*); I think you all know what that means.... a sh**load of putty!

Here is a closeup view of the front when Optimus' face isn't sitting on the front. I moved the drives to the bottom of the case by cutting holes at the bottom and replaced the drive bay slots with an lcd screen. Also there is no more temperature gauge or power button. The power button will be located on Optimus' forehead, however, I have no idea where the temp. reader will go (*taking suggestions/ideas/opinions*).

Anyways, I'm going for supper then working on the case, will try to have more progress reports shortly. Until then, I'm out.