Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PC In Disguise

Overclocked

Default Re: Project PC In Disguise

What's that? Does it look like the helmet's broken? It sure does. I happen to have a phobia of wasps and with the weather being the way it is in The 'Peg this year, there are nothin but those pissed off bees flying around. Short story even shorter, I got chased by one and well, I dropped the helmet. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it gives me a reason for having such a roughed up helmet. As I had said before to Drakena (my g/f), the new paint scheme for the project is going to be a roughed up, a$$-kicked Optimus. Now it (hopefully) won't look like a crappy sanding job but rather a battle torn case. Well until I get better and I start painting it, I'm out.

Ouch!

Overclocked

You know what, I'm going to keep the helmet the way it is and make it look as good as possible. Maybe down the road, I might build and "updated helmet" that will actually look good, but I warned all of you before that if you're looking for a masterpiece project, you've come to the wrong thread. I got bored during summer and I wanted something to do, so I started this project. It isn't my life, it isn't my number 1 priority. I don't have much motivation and drive for many things, so I'm pretty proud that it's even come this far. When the project is all done, I think you guys will be pretty surprised on how it turns out. I know that so far I'm pretty surprised! Here are some pictures of before and after the grey paint went on. Again, there is still much painting and addons to be done to the helmet.

With a pound of tape on, before the grey.

After the grey (the taped worked so well it actually stripped quite a bit of the blue, adding to even more hand painting hours I'm going to have to put in.

ONCE AGAIN: if you are not happy with my project or have ideas and suggestions or just comments, please leave a post!

Overclocked

Today, I constructed the bottom half of the helmet know as the mask. Tomorrow I hope to Bondo it up and then sometime paint it. Here are some pics.

Finished helmet (looks much nicer in person)

Pre-Bondo'd mask

Picture of the two parts together

Another pic of the two parts together (my personal fav )

Overclocked

Hey again! Well I finally splurged on myself and broke down and bought a palm sander. The difference is basically night and day on my project. It was so rough before that I couldn't possibly even sand it. After I bought the sander, the thing smoothed out amazingly! It actually looks like someone professional did it, whereas before it looked like a blind kindergartner made it. Because the Bondo job was so bad there were holes everywhere after the sanding. I was terrified, "You've gotta be kiddin' me, I have to put more of that stuff on it!". Then, EUREKA!!!!! When I started the project, I had bought stuff called Plaster Paris. It wasn't made for super heavy duty stuff like what I was doing, but rather hand impressions and small stuff. It was also used for.... filling holes. This was perfect; I knew it would come in handy some day! I thought I could just fill the holes with it and sand the rest down to the Bondo, because the stuff was so brittle last time I used it. This time however, it was harder than the Bondo! So anyways, now I'm just sanding it and adding more as I need. The helmet kind of reminds me of those old Greco-Roman sculptures now, except not as good lol. Wow, I typed a lot of useless crap, so I'm out.

Overclocked

Oh, a quick update. For those of you that heard I had poisoned myself, I definitly learnt my lesson. I made sure I wore proper equipment by buying masks so I can't inhale any hazardous material anymore. *Party poopers*

BTW I still haven't fully recovered from the poisoning lol.

Overclocked

Here's a quick pic I took after the plaster had dried. Even though this picture was taken before I started sanding it, it still looks a lot better then what the helmet used to look like. More updates soon. Until then, I'm out.

Overclocked

Well I've painted the blue on the helmet and some silver. More detailing work to do. Picked up some nice chrome paint for the front. More pics after I detail it. Until then, I'm out.

Overclocked

Hey guys. I know this has nothing to do with my project but I want to show everyone. Just in time for school (which started today), I recieved my Tron track jacket to match my Tron shoes. Man I love 'em (and the movie)! Oh BTW that's probably going to be the theme for my next modding project. (I've had plans for a Tron project for quite some time now). Anyways, tomorrow I hope to have time to add the details on the top part of the helmet so I can get started on putting Bondo on the bottom half. Anyways, I'm out.

That's my girlfriend Robyn. I love her!

Overclocked

I promised you guys that some time during the weekend or shortly after I would have some updates and pics. Well, I started detailing today and it turned out quit nicely. Here are the before pics. (They kind of remind me of the movie Tron lol!)

Oh btw, the tape I'm using is hockey tape lmao. Gotta love Canada's favourite sport! (DYK that hockey isn't the most played sport in Canada?)

Overclocked

Oh, and here are the after pics. It turned out quite nicely, and although I'm not completely done, I'm satisfied enough to start working on the other half of the helmet, the face mask.