Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PC In Disguise

Overclocked

Default Re: Project PC In Disguise

Eureka! I've been inspired by Dgephri's Bloodmoon project; I'm so amazed by the two front fans that I am now going to try to incorporate two front fans into my own case. BTW, everyone check out project Bloodmoon by Dgephri, it's nice!

Overclocked

After taking a much needed break and getting into the routines of school again, it's time to start working on the project again. I was trying to decide what to do next, whether I should start planning and cutting holes on the front for the fans or to finish up the helmet and start the bottom half of the mask. I decided to go with the latter, so I could get all of that Bondo work done and out of the way. I will have to make minor modifications to the face mask (cut some holes in it and add a grill for proper ventilations from the fans.) and then I can start working with the putty.

Overclocked

All of this talking reminds me of a question that I have been wanting to ask for quite some time now. Seeing as thought I will have so much extra electronics and lighting on/in this case, I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow incorporate a second power supply into the project, just to power all the gadgets and secondary items in the case. This would be a great time for every single person who reads this thread to post their opinion, thoughts, ideas, and suggestions on this little dilema or anything about the project for that matter. I hope to have pictures of the Bondo work to the bottom half of the helmet soon (once I start working on it lol). Until then, I'm out.

Overclocked

Wow, yet another setback. I got super mad on saturday (no idea how), and I decided to punch a wall. The wall had nothing but metal studs in it and I swear I heard the ring of the metal when my hand connected with the wall. Long story short, my hand is puffed up like mad, I can't move my pinky, and I am very sore (I also happen to be a big baby lol). Whatever, I still hope to Bondo-up the face mask sometime this week; so more reports soon. Until then, I'm out.

The knuckle of my pinky is the size of the knuckle of my middle finger

My one knuckle has completely disappeared

Overclocked

Hey guys, quick update with my injury (I had injured my hand in like page 6 or 7 lol) . I finally went to the doctor (over a week later) and it turns out I broke some bones in my hand. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the hospital to get an xray and a cast. I've been told that since it's already been a week that my hand might have started to heal already which means it'll need to be "reset" before a cast can be put on. I'm not a big fan of that because that method will include a rubber mallet, a doctor swinging hard, and a very unhappy and swearing patient. I've broken a bone before, but I refused to go to the doctor for that, so now my nose is a little crooked. (I took a hockey puck to the face. Gotta love Canada's sport, eh?) Anyways, I have to get a good night sleep because after the hospital I have to start fasting for a blood test. So more updates soon, but until then, I'm out.

Overclocked

Update: So this morning I went to the hospital where they took some x-rays and put on a nice, hot-pink cast (which makes it look like they amputated two of my fingers).

Oh, and I got this sweet RAZR to match the cast lol.

Overclocked

Oh, quick update. My brother was kind enough to lend me some money (on his friggin' birthday for all that matter!); so I used the cash to buy some metal grating for the project. I hope to glue it onto the inside of the windows of the case to add a more mechanical/industrial look and effect as well as hopefully to highlight the appliques. I don't want to get any Bondo on the cast because it needs to look nice for a formal event (Phantom of the Opera to be precise), so for now I'll just keep on planning the project out and dream about the finished product. While I'm not moving forward with the project at the moment, now would be a great time for some comments, opinions, as well as suggestions from the readers. Thanks for sticking with me through thick and thin, I will have more updates soon. However, until then, I'm out.

Best regards,
    purdy (a.k.a. lone_wulf)

Overclocked

BTW, here's that metal grate I was talking about puttin inside my case. Once again, I would like to hear from you guys, especially now that the project is on hiatus.

Overclocked

Hey everyone; so sorry for not updating in a while. I realised that there was no point modding with my cast so I took a break (my cast comes off tuesday so I'm excited about being able to wash my hand!). I was ready to go again and something "unexpected" happened. My friend came over to my house in tears (a 6'5'' giant who I've never seen cry, EVER), telling my mom and I the story of what happened to him. Long story short, his dad choked him until he passed out; he woke up a little later lying in his street without proper clothing, without shoes and without his very much needed glasses. He was locked out of his house and hurt. He stayed the night at my place, then the next morning after his parents had gone to work, we went over to his place and got some clothes, glasses and shoes. So for the week he was staying over at my place then on the weekend (this was last weekend btw) he stayed at another friends house. Last saturday, I was at the arena watching arena-cross when his former bodybuilder 6'2'', 260 pound dad came over to my house and beat my dad to a pulp. My dad spent the night in the hospital. He went home with a broken nose, a swollen temple (thanks to a sucker-punch), a black eye, some bruised ribs (witha nice foot imprint on the chest), and a little shaken. Overall he was hit seven times. We've been continually getting phone calls and threats from his parents, so we've been staying at different houses the past couple of nights. Finally, yesterday, the man was arrested which gave us some peace of mind, although we still take a baseball bat with us sometimes. Like I had said before, my cast comes off on tuesday, so I'll be right back with my mod, but until then, I'm out.

Best regards,
    purdy (a.k.a. lone_wulf)

Overclocked

Wow.That's all I can say. I haven't posted since 11-10-2006. To say the least, it is good seein' the old forum again. It's been a good half a year since I even thought about PPCID (Project PC In Disguise).

I've been through a lot while attempting to tackle this far too complicated project. I've sawed through my thumb, I've spent in the hundreds of dollars, I've broken my hand, I've smelt my hand after the cast came off, I got a job at Canada's largest electronics chain, quit said job after 6 months, gone through the experience of my dad getting the sh*t beaten out of him by the father of a kid my family tried to help, I've continued to follow the courtroom news of the assault case. All of this and much much more, while still trying to pass high school, keep a 2 year relationship going, struggling with a long going battle with depression, and most importantly attempting to just be a 17 year old kid from the middle of Canada. Ah, the memories....

(So, with all of this stuff happening, PPCID has taken a backseat to life for the past like forever)

Anyways, seeing as though quite possibly the greatest summer action flick has just launched (I don't even need to tell you what it is, but here's a hint... "CHEE CHOO CHEE"), there is no better time then now to announce my return to the world of modding and the best forum on the face of the earth. The purdster is back, and better then ever, with a new plan to this project that will have it in the finished galleries in no time... well not no time knowing me, but let's just say it'll be done before year's end, how 'bout that? More updates, including the revised or should I say TRANSFORMED "Project PC In Disguise" within the next couple of days. Until then, I'm out.

Damn it's good to be back!

Best regards,
    purdy

(P.S. I saw the advance screening of TF on monday and I'm still experiencing robogasms from the movie. Until I update the thread with new plans, I'd like to hear from you guys that have seen the movie what your take on it was.)