Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woo!

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Woo!

Well I just realized one of my friends has a PCI card that could work. So I went over to his house and stuck in the card and nothing happened. So I am having a friend come over that has a Asus A8n-SLI but no video card yet. I am going to stick my card in there. Right now though I am pretty sure it is the mobo.

make sure you dont have any USB devices plugged in--like mouse or keyboard--that will prevent posting on some moboards.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-hobo
    Well I just realized one of my friends has a PCI card that could work. So I went over to his house and stuck in the card and nothing happened. So I am having a friend come over that has a Asus A8n-SLI but no video card yet. I am going to stick my card in there. Right now though I am pretty sure it is the mobo.

I am taking you done the bare min post test.

CPU & Ram and see if you get the beeps??
    also make sure you have a newer version of the SLI_delux board (Chip set fan was crap on the 1st couple runs).

ATX Mental Case

I just ordered the board so I believe I have the newest version. Also I have not done the bare min yet but I am getting no beeps anyways. I do have my mouse plugged in when I start up though... maybe I will try unplugging everything except the power nad moniter cable when I get home.

Thanks for all the help. I will try some of the stuff you guys suggested and if that doesn't work then I will sned it back to ASUS to get a new one.