Thread: You've probably heard it, but the G5 is an awesome mouse!

ATX Mental Case

Default You've probably heard it, but the G5 is an awesome mouse!

For the few of you who don't have a Logitech G5 already it is a MUST have!!! Games, media editing, and everything else that requires a mouse is much easier with a good mouse, and this is nearly a perfect mouse.

Criticism of my review is welcome, as I'm pretty new to reviewing but would like to continue to do so with a good many products anything that you can say will help! (also note that I've only really been a computer power user for 2 years and don't have much to compare my products to so sorry if things seem one sided I didn't have much base to build off of)
    Visit my site --> Kansas City LAN and Tech Promo Site <--

Asus A8R-MVP
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (2.64ghz)
    ATI Saphire Radeon X1600 Pro x2 crossfire
    Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: You've probably heard it, but the G5 is an awesome mouse!

I would say your about 50% there on your review....

...so you review the weights and tracking....

....but what about the hardware itself? and review of the software?

does it take batteries? does it come with rechargable batteries? does it have a docking station? what are some of the features of this mouse? doe sit have a fly wheel? side buttons? other extra buttons? how big is it..is there anyting comparible to it? what color does it come in ? and lots of pics helk to.

anyway, I would say its a good start....

ATX Mental Case

Thanks! I should probably go back over with the feel of the mouse, size, etc.

Generally speaking corded mice don't come with batteries, or a docking station but I guess I may not have specified that it's a corded mouse I may have to go over the article again.

Asus A8R-MVP
    Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL

ATX Mental Case

I tried to read most of it...(not saying it was a bad review) but most people only skim information and remember the first and last sections...

either I missed the part about it being corded, becuase I dont remember seeing it in the pic.

if you look at other reviews they get pretty specific. pictures from start to finish...IE: pic of the box, opening the box, pulling out merchandise, unwrapping, first look, pics of instructions, pic of accessories, pic in use., and multiple angles....

I just read a review the other day about an LED lighted mouse pad....the critic was complaing about a poorly drilled hole that the wire goes in, thats in the back that you woudltn normally see unless you actually looked close at it... IMO, thats pretty detailed. Its stuff like that , we want to hear about. I can go to the store and pick the box up and look at it....but without buying it, I dont know anything more then that. so we want the nitty gritty. make comments on just about anything you can. you did a good job o the tracking part.....now apply the same judgements to other aspects of the mouse....I know it may be hard as its not like your disecting a ferrari engine...but specifics and details are a +

like I said before, I think your on your way to writing a good review, but needs more.

think about it this way. after a reader reads your review, you want them to basically think they just used the mouse themselves....if you leave them asking questions, then your review is worthless.

If I read a review and dont find the information I am looking for, I do 1 of 2 things....

1. look for another review on the same product...
    2. Or look for a different product because my questions werent answered.

hth, didnt mea to sound offensive, only constructive.

The SlackMeister

Is this section of the forum made to promote your website?

ATX Mental Case

Thanks again! I should probably spend more than a few hours writting a review. I generally wait until I've used a product for atleast a week before writting the review just to make sure that I know for sure that there are no major glitches, but only spend an hour or so actually writting the review.

Your tips should be very helpful, I'll go back over the review with your suggestions in mind.

This section of the forum is for reviews, whether you wrote the review or you read a good review that you liked. At least that is what I got out of the title of the forum section.

Asus A8R-MVP
    Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL