Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: markklebs mods..

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

Default Re: markklebs mods..

That's some amazing work man. +rep

Thanks for the kind words. My modding/modeling skills arent even close to Mr Doom or Boddaker but what I do excel at is simplicity/efficiency.

Im old and come from the "more is less school" where you make do with what you have and make that the best it can be.

I have always been bothered that comp case makers continue the same outdated design (with small variations) that housed the very first comps (which by the way made 1/10th the heat of the new ones) As long as people continue to buy them companies will continue to sell the same ol junk.

Il post up some new Hdd rack designs later this week (the absolutely worst thing I have ever seen is the silly sideways HDD racks they continue to add to their cases)

I love the passive cooler idea for the vid cards its sweet tube sexyness.
    +rep for being brave and directly soldering the psu to the board.. hope you dont need to take it off again would be annoying to keep it all organized and desolder at teh same time

Quote Originally Posted by ShockTheBox View Post
    I love the passive cooler idea for the vid cards its sweet tube sexyness.
    +rep for being brave and directly soldering the psu to the board.. hope you dont need to take it off again would be annoying to keep it all organized and desolder at teh same time
    I am really fussy about cool temps and have been working with passive cooling for quite a while. My current 9600GTs run in the 20-30C range. The tube really works well at directing the airflow over the cards and out the back.

In regards to the wiring, I have done it so much now that I know where the wires go and have no fear. As to removing basically you just break the wires off and clean up the joint and the mobo is back to normal.

Funny thing, when I first did it a few years ago I had no fear, it was just a simple solder of wires to the board. But when I listened to the others that said it couldnt be done and saw picts of others that tried it I started to get nervous so for a while I was freaking out every time I did it. Now its no biggy (I have done about a hundred of them without a failure)

One other reason I am so brave, lol.. I almost only use "Open Box" mobos..so if there was a loss the hurt would be quite a bit smaller.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markkleb View Post
    I almost only use "Open Box" mobos
    I've had nothing but bad luck with those. Maybe I just get the one bad one every time.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I've had nothing but bad luck with those. Maybe I just get the one bad one every time.
    I have 24 pages of purchases (lots and lots) I have bought at least 200 mobos from them and 99% were openbox. I only had to send 1 back (quite possible due to my error).
    They also still offer a moneyback guarantee with them (15days) so I feel its pretty safe.
    The one issue is make sure you are saving quite a bit before you get the product..I see sometimes they mark some things down just a few bucks (not worth it) I have even seen openbox stuff that is MORE than regular parts, lol

Quote Originally Posted by markkleb View Post
    (I have done about a hundred of them without a failure)
    I had no idea you had done this so many times, I wanna see more!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

me too, how about I mail you my PSU and mobo and you can hook it up for me