Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexa

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Default Re: Project LEXA

Thanks for your input Xperiment. I am still considering which fans to get. The Zalman ones look quite enticing but I can't find any cfm ratings for them so off the list they go. I will probably get the Antecs. They are good fans, I have 2 80mm versions of them and couldn't be happier, they are expensive though.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Good news guys. I have placed my order with GAM and should hopefully have my radiator by the end of next week (if I can get to the bank tomorrow ).

I haven't been able to do any modding this past week because the end of term is approaching and I have a lot of assignments due. Also it is my Birthday on Monday (7th April) so there will be no modding this weekend either PARTY!!! lol. Well I hope to have an update on the case feet by the time I get the radiator. I need some more bolts and domed nuts but that stuff is easy to get. Until then...

Happy Modding.

Small update. My order was successful and my radiator is on the way. I should have it early next week. Also I have decided to get a pair of 120mm Antec Tri Cools to cool the radiator.

Time for a special birthday update.

I left school early today (had a double study after lunch, stuff staying for that) and when I got home guess what was waiting for me???
    Yes you guessed it, my package from GAM Mods. THANK YOU GAM!!!!

So this is what was in the package:

Here is my new radiator, 1/2" fittings and a fill syringe:

A sneak peak of how it will be mounted:

And a underside shot:

Plenty of room...well there is now since I removed the rear feet.

Well guys, time for me to get back to the home work and on my birthday too . I may finish off the feet this week and get the radiator mounted over the weekend. This is my last week of term so once I get this radiator mounted my work is almost done, then the whole thing can go together. Until then...

Happy Modding.

Lol, no dirty thoughts I hope pOPe lol. The syringe will be used for the initial fill of the bay res, it's too hard to get a funnel in the small space around the fill port. It will also be used for top ups through the fill port mounted on the top of the case.

Yay, time for an update.

Here are the spacers for my new case feet. They are marked with the mounting holes.
    Pic:

The holes drilled:

But unfortunately, one of the cracked and broke while drilling. I wasn't even going fast.
    Pic:

I had two choices in this situation, fix it or cut a new one; I decided to fix it. As it turns out the break was on the bit of the plexi which will be painted so either way you wont see the crack in the plexi.
    Some super glue and 30 seconds later I was left with this:

Now it's time to drill the holes for the decorative bolts which also help to hold the mesh in place, I went for 2 domed nuts over 3 because after some consideration it looked a bit crowded.
    Pic:

I drilled and countersunk the holes:

Perfect fit:

Well that's it for today. The rain is starting to set in now and I have no bolts to mount the mesh with so I'm not going to bother drilling the holes in the mesh just yet. Later this afternoon I may mark the floor of my case for mounting the radiator.Until then...

Happy Modding.

Time for another update.

Today I got stuck into mounting my radiator.
    Here I where the radiator will be mounted, all taped up and ready to go:

HDD racks removed:

Plenty of room for the radiator:

I traced an outline of the radiator to help with the mounting:

All marked for cutting:

All the useless lines removed, only the cuts left:

All cut out:

And a shot with the radiator where it should be:

However, I made one mistake. Take a look at the last pic. I cut the width too wide. I measured from the outside of the radiator rather than the inside. It still fits but there is a tiny gap either side now. One I put the fan hole molding on the cut it should be just fine. Well that's it for now, may have some more towards the end of the week. Until then...

Happy Modding.

Default Re: Project: LEXA

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I was away all last week and half of this week and to top it all off the house is being painted, not much time for modding. Any way I did manage to get some work on the case feet and spacers done before I went away and finished them today.

On to the pictures.

Ok so I went out and got myself some more bolts and domed nuts:

I also got myself a pair of small clamps:

They are perfect for what I need them for.
    I clamped the mesh to the plexi spacers and then through the holes I drilled in the spacers I drilled identical holes in the mesh:

All drilled:

The plexi attached to the mesh with the domed nuts and bolts I brought:

Ok so that's the stuff I did before I went away last week. Now here is what I did today.

The Spacers are FINISHED!!!
    All 4 feet with spacers in all their glory:

A close up of the completed case foot:

A pic of the mounting bolts:

Sorry I don't have pics of working towards the finished product but I can run you through it. Basically I just filed down the overhanging mesh while it was still attached to the spacers. Then I removed the protective tape from the spacers and taped off each end. I then painted the center stem of the spacer. Then I removed the protective plastic film from the mesh and bolted it to the spacer followed by the case foot. Quite boring steps, I know you guys like the eye candy lol .

I have also found a way around the gap I made while cutting the hole for my radiator. I will be using 2 mesh strips to cover the gap from the underside. These will be painted black to fit in with the rest of the case. Well that's all I have for now. The last few days of my holidays will be dedicated towards my homework so don't expect another update this week. Until then...

Happy Modding.

Lol I was going to do some work yesterday and today but I went to a mates 18th birthday party last night and have been a bit under the weather today lol . I am hoping to get the case feet mounted during the week but I have 3 essays due by Friday which I want to get drafts in by Tuesday, a hectic week for me lol.

Well guess what guys??? UPDATE TIME!!!

I finally got my case feet mounted so here are some pics.

First I masked off the area and marked the holes for drilling:

Holes drilled:

After that it was a simple matter of cutting the mounting bolts down to size and then mounting the completed feet:

Time for the money shots:

Yes it does look awesome (applause lol) but there are still a few problems with them. The feet cover up some rivet holes so I will have to counter sink a hole under some spots on the feet to allow the rivet to fit.
    Example:

You can see in the pic the rivet hole in the center of the green part of the spacer.

Another problem (which I already knew about) are the spacers themselves. Yes they did bring the height of the case closer to stock height but they are still about 2-3mm too short.
    Example:

You can see the difference in the image above.
    I am thinking of adding 1 or 2 washers in between the mesh and the handle (foot) to add the desired height (I think this may look quite good). The other option in cutting the difference off the front fascia itself which I don't want to do.

Well that's all I have for now. I have got a small order which is almost complete for me to pick up which will allow me to finish mounting the radiator. Until then...

Happy Modding.