Thread: fan speed mod

ATX Mental Case

Default fan speed mod

is there a way to mod the psu fan to a speed control directly on the psu? I know that some psu's already have it on there but is there a way to do this if it didn't have it?

Fresh Paint

Default Re: fan speed mod

Why?? If your psu doesn't have a temp controlled fan on it already, it doesn't need one, imho.. you could probably take the stock fan out and replace it with an 80mm case fan, attach it to a controller, but unless there is a specific reason why you need to do this, I don't think I would risk it. Just my opinion.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: fan speed mod

I did place 2 80fans on there and when i tried them out b4 installing them they were fine but when i installed them into the psu... they got a bit louder. i checked to see if maybe some screws were loose and if not; then i installed those nifty sound deadeners on there just incase but it still hums the same way. My current psu has a fan speed control and it's queit. Just wanted to do the same thing for the modded one. Just to give you guys an idea what i did, here is the before...

and here is the after...

It's not anything new and inspiring but i spent no money on it so i'm happy. Only took about 2 hours to do (including painting downtime). If worse comes to worse then i'll just leave it as is.