Thread: Review: Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

Default Review: Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

Well, I finally got myself something I've wanted for the longest time EVER!

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard Review!

Price at the time of this review: $68.95 USD

Let's have a quick look at it.

(forgot to take off the plastic-ey stuff from the C-keys...)

Immediately when i pulled it out of the box, and unwrapped it and such, i could feel how durable and sturdy it was, even though it wasn't terribly heavy. I was marveled at how awesome it was even before i plugged it in.

It was very easy to install, plug-and-play and all. the only software it came with was the macro software, which I really don't use.

So I'msure by now you wanna see the pretty lights in action. Well, I won't delay it any longer

Here we have:
    Green

Red

Amber

Light Amber/Orange...ish?

Yellow

As I hopefully have shown, the colors are kinda like a list of color combinations through the 3 colors, red, green, and amber. The colors above are all in what i call "typing mode," before hitting the Cyborg touch button.

This guy right here...

...toggles Cyborg mode.

Once you activate Cyborg mode, You'll get something like this:

This is where the different "zone" lighting options come into play. After a little touchy fun (not that way, pervs) with my keyboard's touch-sensitive interface, i quickly learned how to manipulate and change the colors and brightness of the backlighting.

This is how you manage the backlighting

The little light-bulb-thingy controls the brightness, while the three dots allow you to cycle through the color combinations. The plus and minus keys are how you go through the different settings. Each brightness has 5 different levels, as well as an 'off' setting.

These things also control various aspects of the keyboard.

The lightbulb can turn the backlighting on and off, and the windows logo represents that the windows keys are disabled and Cyborg mode is on.

Also included are volume and media controls, which i also find very useful.

I think you guys can figure out what those do.

On the backside are headphone and mic jacks, as well as an extra USB port. I have my Multi-USB reader plugged into this, which made cable management on my desk much easier.
    Check it out:

The keyboard has 3 different levels of height adjustments. Kinda hard to explain this with words, and i tihnk the pictures will say it more clearly:

Overall, I am VERY satisfied with this purchase. I think i got lots of bang for my buck and all my friends who see it all want one.

The Final Verdict:

Cost: 8/10
    Build Quality: 9.5/10
    Functionality: 9.5/10
    Features: 8/10

Overall: 9/10

I hope you guys enjoyed the review, and maybe even purchase your own Saitek Cyborg Keyboard!

Note: Sorry bout the quality of some of these pics... Camera isn't the best.

Thanks for reading!
    “An intelligent hell would be better than a retarded paradise”
    -Victor Hugo

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Review: Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

Nice review. +rep
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I'm like you, been looking at one of these since i got my Cyborg Gaming mouse (which is pretty good, but better options are available imo). I thought it would make sense to get the keyboard to match it So have been considering it and not being able to justify the cost of it to myself for well over 6 months now, lol. Think it might be a purchase for after Christmas tbh

on a side note, have you ever see or heard anything on this?

Quote Originally Posted by VitzĄ^ View Post
    on a side note, have you ever see or heard anything on this?
    I've been considering getting myself that and the Cyborg mouse as a christmas present for a while. If i ever get the command unit, i'll write up a review and post it here! But the first thing on my list to buy is a few upgrade parts for my pc.

Humor me on this, but wouldn't it be cool to have the whole Cyborg Range of pc gaming stuff?
    My opinion is HELL YESS!

It's a thought.

and maybe go a bit crazy with it and make a Cyborg case mod?
    hmm....
    -Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxx_2007 View Post
    Humor me on this, but wouldn't it be cool to have the whole Cyborg Range of pc gaming stuff?
    My opinion is HELL YESS!

It's a thought.

and maybe go a bit crazy with it and make a Cyborg case mod?
    hmm....
    i second that HELL YESS! And a bit crazy? Nah. Go FULL crazy! That concept is too sweet for me to fully imagine it.

Back to the review, You would have convinced me to buy it, if only it had blue lighting.
    Carpe Noctem!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
    i second that HELL YESS! And a bit crazy? Nah. Go FULL crazy! That concept is too sweet for me to fully imagine it.

Back to the review, You would have convinced me to buy it, if only it had blue lighting.
    Well, you're not completely gona on that idea. Saitek is making a new keyboard, the Eclipse 3. It offers triple color backlighting and all, with blue being a color, but without the zoned lighting effects and no Cyborg mode (or similar effect)

Still a cool idea though!

And since we're on crazy thoughts, the Cyborg mod is now boiling and bubbling in my head, and i'm looking for ideas and thinking up things to make it into a reality!

I'll let you guys know as soon as these ideas make sense to a normal human being.
    and not just a robot.
    or... dare i say it... a CYBORG.
    pun intended.
    -Victor Hugo

My opinion is HELL YESS!
    LOL! My next purchase is gonna be the Cyborg Game pad for NFSUC and Grid gaming ! HAH! in fact, i might order it today

But hell yes, I will be doing just that getting all the useful Cyborg Gaming bits (the only bit I might not get is the Headset, as there really is nothing wrong with the one I have, perhaps when it has an unfortunate event with the wall....)

Still a cool idea though!

And since we're on crazy thoughts, the Cyborg mod is now boiling and bubbling in my head, and i'm looking for ideas and thinking up things to make it into a reality!

I'll let you guys know as soon as these ideas make sense to a normal human being.
    and not just a robot.
    or... dare i say it... a CYBORG.
    pun intended.
    haha, wicked... that will be one the gets subscrbed as soon as i see it