Thread: I'm in a bit of a pickle, looking for advice.

Default I'm in a bit of a pickle, looking for advice.

I have been doing a mod using the Zotac ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813500027). At one point I decided to try some Arctic Silver Thermal paste on the bottom of the heat sink as I have heard good feedback on it helping to reduce temperatures. As it happens while I went to get the thermal compound the heat sink apparently "grew legs" (someone took it).

At first I was irritated and I figured I would have to go buy a new heatsink / fan etc. Later however I realized just what a pickle I am in. It appears as though the holes on the motherboard were designed for that particular heatsink. (it covers the CPU and GPU) I have contacted Zotac to see if I could purchase a replacement but they will not sell the heatsink. So to get another one I would basically have to buy a whole new board.

Can anyone here recommend a good Low Profile replacement that will fit this board? I've looked but I have time finding anything that says it will fit this socket / chip.
    (can be two separate heatsinks / fans or just one)

Alternatively, as a complete shot in the dark does anyone happen to have an extra one of these heatsinks lying around they wouldn't mind selling to a fellow modder?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Default Re: I'm in a bit of a pickle, looking for advice.

Not the correct forum, but I bet you can find the heatsink and/or a dead board on ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Default Re: I'm in a bit of a pickle, looking for advice.

I checked ebay first and I see people selling the motherboard but I didn't see anyone selling a dead one. Actually I didn't find any auctions for dead computer components. I was looking around and I found a few that might work for the board but it would be about a $50 gamble.